MBK Adventure

Niallmo

Devout Dirtbag
Hi,

But of a lurker, have been in the Retro road forum but now have an MTB.

Not especially coveted but it rides well and for £20 I think it's a good start! All original, quite heavy cro-mo steel frame but lots of fun.

Only managed a quick go after getting it set up and everything checked over.

I believe these are early ninties, not too much information out there. My local LBS has a few NOS for £200! Might see if he has one of the higher spec ones...

All Shimano GS 200 hardware including original brake blocks. Rigida wheels on Exage hubs.

Hopefully getting a Charge Cooker 29'er in the next few weeks for more serious stuff!

Re:

That's a blast from the past, as my first ever mountain bike was an MBK Adventure that I bought new in December 1992 for 199.99. Was almost identical to yours, except it had S.I.S. thumb shifters as opposed to those STI units. A friend of mine still has the hi-ten/chromoly seat tubed frame, which if I recall, weighed well over 6lbs. Was a good starter bike and better than anything else I could find at the time in that price range.

Re:

I've seen a place selling these nos on eBay, can't remember how much think around the £150 Mark, frame looks quite good, nothing wrong with a heavy one until the uphill comes, lol.

Back