1995 Stumpjumper project

Gruff

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
A while ago i picked up this frame from speedplay on here.
After a bit of investigation it turns out its a 1993 frame built in '92 and had been resprayed burgundy and had later stickers put on.

The paint was pretty bad so it was dropped off at D and S Precision Coatings in Biggleswade after a recommendation from danson67 and today i picked it up :)

I decided to go for a colour change as i don't know what colour it was originally and wanted a similar colour to the BMC mini cooper S Cumulus Grey but it came out a bit paler though it is growing on me. decals from Gil will be in red to give a little colour.

In these pics it's looking even lighter than it really is.

I've been collecting parts for this for the past year and only really need cables now.
It'll have Rond Pro 3 air oil forks and mostly M56x LX group apart from the hubs which are NOS Sachs Classic.

Anyway pics are better than words...........

Will update as and when assembly gets going.

Re: 1993 Stumpjumper project

Love the colour choice Gareth. :) Looking forward to seeing it built.

Re:

Thanks Regan

Looking forward to taking it for a lap of Mayhem :)

Re:

Fun build. I have had 6 or 7 stumpys ... just good all round bikes. Love the colour :8

Re: Re:

Gruff":ayiof4az said:
Thanks Regan

Yes! And I shall look forward to watching you take it for a lap of Mayhem :LOL:

I have a 1inch threadless headset here if you need a headset. Its an original Aheadset which I had on my Blood Red 94 model.
Was swapped out early on but seen it sitting in the bottom of a spares box the other week.
Will double check its all there but if you need it, let me know.

Jamie

Re: Re:

regan_ev":3fpoug7v said:
Gruff":3fpoug7v said:
Thanks Regan

Yes! And I shall look forward to watching you take it for a lap of Mayhem :LOL:

I hope you'll give him a good bit of heckling as well... everyone else did (in fact it would be rude not to) Carl (Dick010) in the background smiling at the banter being dished out :LOL:

and enjoying a well earnt refreshment ! Pussy Heaven :D

Nice collection of Mayhem Race numbers you've got going on there in the shed window

Jamiedyer":2954hzrp said:
I have a 1inch threadless headset here if you need a headset. Its an original Aheadset which I had on my Blood Red 94 model.
Was swapped out early on but seen it sitting in the bottom of a spares box the other week.
Will double check its all there but if you need it, let me know.

Jamie

Hi Jamie
My frame is 1 & 1/8th headset and 26.8 seatpost.
Thanks for the offer though :)

Re:

@ reagan-ev ..................... think you should be doing a lap too ;)

@ retro spud Cheers for that mate :facepalm:

Back