Univega Alpina 5.4

superstu

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Evening all.

Have wanted a univega for years, this model in particular. Not sure why, remember them from bitd and I think they look great. Lightweight steel what's not to like :D

Anyway this popped up locally and was only £30. Two terrible photos but will take some more when I get a chance to look at it. Stowed in the garage and not had a chance to suss it out, but should tidy up ok. May take this to mayhem next year!

Ps excuse the state of the garage, still unpacking from moving house!

Re:

that will tidy up nicely for sure...always loved the univega..always looked low and mean with those thin tubes and mudroom stays...

should be able to blow in that black easily if need be...would look sick with an amp (concept usa) fork!

Re:

Just got an alpina 5.3 which i had back in 94/95 can wait to load it up with goodies!

i agree the Amp fork is perfect, or in the 90s i had some quasar forks, so im keeping an eye out to see if any of those pop up!

Re:

thats not an Ibeam stem on it is it?

you wouldnt be interested in selling that would you?

its one of the things on the wishlist for mine :)

yeah concept was the univega brand, would still be interested if it is for sale.

but no worries if not.

Re:

Saw superstu yesterday and was going to help him put this in running order. Then I found this

Poor picture but a hole in the chain stay about a centimetre long. Put screwdriver in and lots of rust poured out like water.

Another terminal frame.

As a friend pointed out, the design of the chainstays is poor for water retention. This bike has obviously been idle a long time and water collected and rusted inside out.

Back