I HAVE ONE, AN ELEV12K !!!

Elev12k

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Finally, my mojo

To be more accurate: It is a Koga Miyata SkyExpension, the Euro Elevation 12,000

It was the 2nd I saw offered ever & the 1st in 3 years ....and only a few kms from my home! The other was a 1994 one in German eBay. Mine is 1995.

It will become a Herbold built with a Ringle, Grafton, Ringle, Ringle and a lot Ringle - bling bling bling :cool:

Pics:

214285819_3736a11c30_b.jpg

A lot XTR m900, RondWP HydroPro, ceramic rims and some non original stuff that has to go

214285824_820f9f9fd7_b.jpg

Red fading to blue

214285825_47d870b248_b.jpg

214285826_cc69d60b48_b.jpg

This bike is not for weightweenies: Very sturdy bolt! Frame made with carbon & aluminium.

214285827_09a59cdb33_b.jpg

Yamaha shock

214285828_f13e4f58b5_b.jpg

Swing link area

214291438_bcb0dc0f99_b.jpg

In the 1995 catalogue:

KogaSE95800h.jpg

Happy :D

- Melvin

Melvin,

happy for you mate, looks great :cool:

Look forward to seeing the finished article.

very nice melvin .

Surely you must now have them all ?

What is the front fork ?

Oh and what about a pic of your new M2 ?

Thank you all guys!

Surely you must now have them all ?

No and I never will, but for me it reached completion now. Do not have every model, but about every feature is represented in my stable.

What is the front fork ?

Rond HydroPro => Review

Very nice with all the machined bits. Too bad you won't see that on nowadays forks. Fork made in Holland by former motorcrosser Gerard Rond. Gerard later sold his company to Magura.

Oh and what about a pic of your new M2 ?

No pics yet ..and there won't be of the complete bike. I took it apart. It came with a mint XC Pro groupset, a groupset I consider next to the top of the line Campys the most desirable there is. Don't know what to do with the frame, but I am sure it deserves a better home than with me. I do not have time left for another project/bike.

- Melvin

stevet1":1kbvbhwi said:
Very nice, looks in very good condition as well. Thinking of a Disc drive for the rear?

Yes, it is in good condition, especially considering its age. There is some minor touch up (see BB pic for example), but it is be very properly done with the touch up pencils the bike the originally came with. The moving parts are all in great condition. At this point I do not know whether the shocks are okay. I acquired it only yesterday evening and I haven't ridden it yet.

Tioga Disc Drive? There is one on German eBay now, but no I won't go for one. It will not improve function and it will make the bike even more complicated. When I were a kid this bike was my hero. I grew up and nowadays I consider steel rigid bikes best for my needs. I have to satisfy both wishes. This implies it won't be a fully accurate H-Ball built. Also swapping the the Rond for a Judy is not very self-evident to me, as I perceive a Judy a bit as low end looking.

What will be Herbold typical is that the colour selection will be done ad random :cool:

I always knew canti levers can't be combined with V's, but never tried. Now I know how it is. The former owned put V's on, but didn't replace the XTR units intended for cantis. It feels like rubber band. For the rear there originally should be the link that replaced the cablehanger. You can see the hole, but the link is gone. Think I will go for Mafac cablestopper mounted to seattubebolt and a conventional cablehanger. For brakes I have purple Grafton Speed Control in mind.

- Melvin

Melvin, the cable stop on the seat bolt won't work as the rear end moves so the cable will get slack when the suspension is in full compression (bit like a headset mounted cable stop on a sus fork). Those cams are still around, try some of the folding bike shops (bike friday, brompton etc) or go to

http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/product-...rsion-kit-(cantilevers-not-included)-7174.htm

for a massively expensive version (you can normally get them in for $10 in most shops)

or just go magura for that herboldy feel!

Beautiful bike though, really pleased for you!

Back