1994 Pace RC-200 F3

eurotrash

Dirt Disciple
I might have bled all over it on several occasions, bought up breakfast on it once or twice, interrupted a satanic ceremony in the middle of a forest in Essex at midnight on Halloween one year, had to bribe officials to get it out of customs in Morocco, hurtled down various mountain ranges (cable cars to the top are always a good idea), wiped out a several hundred times or more but this bike has never let me down.

It's taken me a while to get it back together - sourcing elastomers and refurbing the forks - were the biggest challenge, but it's as sweet as a nut.

Pace RC-200 MTB by Chris Goddard, on Flickr

Technical details: RC35 Forks, Mavic 217 Rims, White Bottom Bracket, Middleburn Cranks and gears, XT deraileurs/brakes, USE seatpost, Flite 'cosybum' seat.

Always means more to see a bike with a bit of personal history. Nice log stack too!

Welcome to the forum :)

Re:

Can't go wrong with a pace, love them! Yours looks particularly sweet, looks "right" without being garish

Re:

A Stateside Pace... Don't see many of them, presume when you emigrated you took the old girl with yah?

I've had my F2 for best part of 20 years now and its the only one in the stable I'd never consider selling, like yours its got way to much history and sentimental attachment to even think about selling on.

Anyway like its already been said "welcome to Retro Bike"

Nick

Thanks! I ended up in Missouri with the missus after a couple of years in Canada. I miss the UK's access to all those trails, bridleways, RUPPS, etc., but the b-i-g downhill routes here kind of make up for it a little bit. There's almost zero social biking here in the midwest and it's flippin' dangerous on the roads, but really do like it a lot. I mean you can get really, really lost in the woods out here.

And as far as the Pace goes there's nothing like it over here - too many heavy weight Chinese imports and garish american crap.

eurotrash":1bgfntmo said:
And as far as the Pace goes there's nothing like it over here - too many heavy weight Chinese imports and garish american crap.

^^ :LOL:

I've spent big bucks and countless hours building that garish American crap you speak so highly of :facepalm:
I guess my Pace is the antidote to my "Garish soirée" in Purple Anno and Americas finest Aluminium. ;)

BTW that's going to be one hell of a BBQ with that much Hickory Wood :shock:

Retro Spud":3v8mjszl said:
I've spent big bucks and countless hours building that garish American crap you speak so highly of :facepalm:

BTW that's going to be one hell of a BBQ with that much Hickory Wood :shock:

Oh, don't get me wrong there's plenty of gorgeous US bikes, but around here you just don't see them. This is ultra-rural, stoney broke Missouri and Walmart is the 'go to place' for all your MTB needs. You can only imagine the choice and quality on offer there :)

But on the other hand BBQ is the national sport and they kinda take that seriously so dropping that much cash on some wood and then shipping it 1,500 miles and then storing it for a year before use it doesn't raise an eyebrow.

/crazy place/

Back