Muddy fox rock n roll

Leighcal

Retro Guru
http://i.imgur.com/HosmAUb.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/v7rPwL6.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/kKN35UK.jpg

So here's hoping I've managed to upload pictures correctly?
If so then this is the muddy fox rock n roll I purchased for what I think was a bargain price. Now I know newer models of muddy fox are a bit crap but if I remember correctly they were quite good bikes back in the day. I know nothing about this model at all hence me finding this site. I have tried to find as much as I can out for myself but have got stuck in my search.
Ok so it's a bit unloved but with a bit of time and not so much money I reckon it will turn out a good bike. I've only rode it once to go fishing on so not really properly but it's comfy enough for me. Frame may be a tad too small but I prefer a smaller frame. I'm 6' and nearly all of my past bikes have been 16-18" at the very biggest.
So if anyone can help me with some info on my old muddy it would be much appreciated. Also can anyone guess how much I paid? And can anyone tell me what it may be worth today? Am not selling just want to know if I got a bargain or not?
Thanks in advance
Lee

Re:

Hi Yah

To be honest Muddy Fox became religated to making bikes for pay monthly catalogues, which is shame given where they once were.

As for value I personally wouldn't have bought it, and value can often be subjective however since your inviting folk to guess £20 to £25?

Spud

I like the way it matches the stairwell.

(looking for a positive)

I have a higher spec one that's been through a few changes. Not worth much other than to yourself if you know what I mean.

Take it apart, clean and regrease everything replacing parts as needed and get out and ride it. Enjoying it is where it's true value lies :)

Minifreak":f6hiv5nm said:
Take it apart, clean and regrease everything replacing parts as needed and get out and ride it. Enjoying it is where it's true value lies :)

So true.....

Exactly. You could even race it.

It has been known............................. :LOL:

IMG_7075_zpsq6qwblxt.jpg

Re:

Thanks for the replies lads/lasses. I have already started with the strip and regrease, did wheel spindles as I took the old spindles out and replaced with quick release as I had some laying around, also swapped the 5 speed rear that it came with for what should have been on originally which as the shifters suggest was a 7 speed rear. Front forks have mounting for a disk but not sure I like the forks tbh and they are a bit rusty so will probably change them later down the line. It has a deore rear mech not sure on front as I haven't really looked. Has half decent feeling brake levers that say lizard on them? My guess is that they are lizard skins? I'm probably wrong but if I am someone will put me right I'm sure?
The rear suspension needs looking at but I know nothing about how that works so maybe some advice on that if anyone knows?
The bike itself is a nice ride and I like that they aren't so popular and it's before they went from bad to terrible, been sold in catalogues as previously mentioned. The geometry of older muddy fox bikes is quite good imo am sure others will agree/disagree. I'm just gunna get it how I want it and do as I'm told and ride it! Lol. Maybe a colour change? Maybe not? Who knows? Maybe even a entry for botm haha.
Price I paid was £20 yes but as people have said as long as it's enjoyed it doesn't matter. It will do until I can afford the Klein I've always dreamed of or another cannondale. A early cannondale though before they became so popular and much cheaper. There's one on eBay at the minute but frame is too big for my liking.
Also just one other question. How can I unseize the seat post from this muddy fox? It's cromo frame with alloy seat pin and it won't move at the minute. Haven't tried too hard figured I would ask for advice first as I'm sure a lot on here have had the same problem?
Thanks again
Lee

Back