1989 overburys pioneer finished (pics pg-9)

Re:

Yup, not as big as i initially thought but still spot on for me :)

No frame numbers so age is beyond me. Had deore front mech, mt60 crankarm and mt62 cantis so edging towards 89/90???? But theyre not forced to be original

Planes thus far.....only arrived today!!!!! Is to get it blasted, fill the hole near the drop out and then paint.......or plate ;)

Re: another bloomin british steel project-overburys pioneer

Few hours later and it's stripped.....didn't take much as there wasn't much on it haha. Headsets poo so that'll be binned, forks appear okay and not too heavy surprisingly. The stem I believe is original so will keep that but the bar weights a ton, they're off. The crank came off okay but the non drive side threads were shot so the BB had to be sacrificed but that had play so no worries there. Can't is will be cleaned and it's already booked for blasting tomorrow.

Bloody iPads and photobucket, struggling to add pics.....bare with me

I seem to remember Mrkawasaki used to have one. ? I seem to remember a thread somewhere.

Is there anything online about the history ?

Re:

Only via threads here and some very clued in folk with original bikes and experience really.

Dropped of at the blasters today. He offered aluminium plating which looked and felt great but for the age of frame felt too modern and boring.

Colour ideas would be appreciated ;)

Purple metallic looks nice with the yellow decals.

Re:

REminds me of some cars from back in the day, ill give that a miss lol

Thinking pastel colours, biege etc. Really liked mrk's ......but i also like the multi coloured cinellis etc

Coffee and cream?

Re:

Midnight blue, with yellow decals would look good Mr L ;)

Mike

Back