Klein Attitude 1991 dolomite

Thing

Retro Newbie
Found and bought this bad boy about 2 months ago and it was single speed had dodgy fix welding on mission control etc... the plan was to quietly collect a groupset to it and fix it up... then a week later found a schwinn pdg 90 with full campagnolo groupset, almost unused and knew what i needed to do...
I found myself fitting the campa set on the attitude -the front derailleur needed a slight mod (an extra bit of aluminum) so it fitted the frame and still need to find a campa seatpost and possibly pedals to get the whole set...

I do also have the brake levers to it but decided to go with the kookas that was on the bike, simply because... let's face it the campas are not too easy on the eye, so they remain in the garage shelf for now.
One of the painful parts was the campa "grip shift -type" shifters.. they made me hate life at some point -yes I have them still if some masochist wants to buy them :) -luckily I managed to get basic campa shifters from woodyuk -the same place I got the new mission control from, so thanks!

Now I just got it assembled the first time and it is a really fun ride... plan is to ride it as much as possible before winter and during winter repaint the frame and mc to match each other.. the only question that remains: will i go with the obvious and repaint it with dolomite scheme OR will go wild on some custom job.. we'll see :)

Attachments

• IMG_1539.jpg
    IMG_1539.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 521
  • IMG_1545.jpg
    IMG_1545.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 521
  • IMG_1546.jpg
    IMG_1546.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 521
It might be a 1990 with that earlier Box Crown fork and not the Uni-Klein.

I kinda dig the raw Mission Control. Mixes it up a bit for a change. They're only original once...IMO try and avoid painting the frame and do just the bar/stem if you have to.

Don't be a Klein cliche and ditch those slicks and flat pedals for proper knobbies and correct SPD or XT flats.
Also correct your saddle angle.

Otherwise rad and a smart use of that Campag groupset!

Re:

you are right about the year! and thanks fo the complimets... I do have panaracer smokes waiting to be put to the rims.. those tioga slicks are the ones that were on the rims when i bought them so they were convenient for the test run :)

Im liking the raw aluminum aswell and thought to sand the black anodisation off the xt seatpost to match the mc... we'll see whether it will get painted pr not -kinda leaning towards a custom paint job rather than the obvious, but as I said.. we'll see :)

Back