Old titanium - finally done!!!!

wooly pluto

Retro Guru
Hello everyone,
this is the first attempt to put my bike on the board :)
It is built on quite old titanium frame that I got as a part exchange in my local bike service shop last year (I remember it hanging there for more than eight years, since I started visiting this place) - so nobody knows where it really comes from and how old it really is.
Anyway, I decided to put some of my parts on it and complete the bike. On these - very quick pictures, it is fitted with 1997 Indy SL and colour matching TISO Venda 601 rear derailleur. Wheels are on titanium Hope hubs, rear with Sun 0XC and front with ceramic Mavic 217 rim as well as three hole ringle skewers. Crankset is a temporary Turbine with Stronglight/Kooka rings, front derailleur comes from Shimano (old XTR 901 series). Going up, there is a King headset and - also temporary - RaceFace system stem holding the LP hybrid handlebar with Kooka Racha levers and XTR 901 rapidfire shifters. Grips are form Yeti. Brakes were made by Paul. Seatpost is titanium Syncros with blue Salsa lip lock. So that is for now. Hopefully this weekend it will be fitted Answer Manitou 4 fork with Thomson 135 mm stem. TISO will be replaced by LMDS White Industries deraillur which I bought last week. I must find the old Z-Maxes for it as well. So, new pictures will come soon. I hope :)

Attachments

• DSC05158 a.JPG
    DSC05158 a.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 3,658
  • dsc05159_a_108.jpg
    dsc05159_a_108.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 3,576
Nice collection of parts and plans there. You will have to give us a better shot of that rear end set up before you change it. Think the turbine looks pretty good, what do you have in mind to change it too?

Thanks, Turbine will be replaced by Kooka crank. It is already bought but I have to wait for it to come from the US. Nice thing is that blue anodising of Kooka looks very similar to Manitou letters on the fork. Spider is red with black/blue and gold rings on it - so it should fit :)

Thats a beauty of a frame. Despite it's age the geometry looks bang upto date. A cracking project with a top notch bike at the other end, awesome.

I liked this frame since a first view but then I was too small for it :) And titanium was more expensive then :) Honestly, I would need some 17" and this one is 18". With a bit "lower" Manitou it would be OK but I think that long time ago it was intended for a rigid fork.

It would be close to 9.5 - 9.6 kilograms (about 21 - 23 lbs) with this Indy. I attach the shots of Tiso Venda when it was mounted on my second bike before I changed this frame.

Attachments

• P1011877a.JPG
    P1011877a.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 3,435
  • P1011874ab.JPG
    P1011874ab.JPG
    23.9 KB · Views: 3,435
I recently helped installing White on this bike and don't see any updated pictures... Why? There were some major changes so update is NEEDED :D

Back