Updated: 1999 Kona Caldera - New Pics **10/08/2008**

letmetalktomark

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Apologies for poor photos but so excited!!!!

My 1999 Caldera has been away at Argos for a couple of weeks being revamped.......

New paint, disc mount, removed canti bosses - looks better than factory fresh......

Thank you to Gil_M for the decals

Ten years old this year and owned since new - cant wait to build her back up...

Hope you like :D :D :D :D I do :D

P1010001.jpg

P1010002.jpg

P1010004.jpg

P1010006.jpg

Apart from the too big IMO "Caldera" letters, frame looks great. The disc tab looks clean as it was factory made. Good that you did cut the brake bosses, looks smoother without. Disc-steel-hardtail-kona also can be retro ;)

Good luck with the build.

therapy

Nice bike dude - I have the same! I am just revamping mine at the moment. Have you had it resprayed too? Who is this argos character you speak of?! :D I fancy getting a rear disc mount too to clean up the lines a bit. I'm revamping mine with modern parts so not for the 'purists' but it's being done in good taste :cool: Keep this updated mate. :)

therapy":33jxygvr said:
Apart from the too big IMO "Caldera" letters

I thought that at first but I thinks its because the original decals had a backing to them :? Maybe :D

Decals are top quality though - even the complicated head badge.

Lovin it, looks amazing , Do you mind me asking how much did it set you back to have it done at argos with the disc mount etc?

I had my old 1990 Cindercone done at Argos in 93, Looked amazing in a petrol green flamboyant, the only issue was it would chip like mad and leave the white undercoat, bit like the old enamal camping mugs if you have ever chipped one :LOL:

Look forward to seeing it re-built

Back