93 Yo Eddy build

Boomshanka

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I have had a 93 Yo Frame in pretty decent condition for the last two years and have been slowly acquiring the parts needed to build it.
As of today I'm pretty much done, got some part cleaning to do and then its underway.

The frame itself is a medium and has a few chips and scratches here and there, especially on the chain stays, it also has a small ding on the TT that looks like it was caused by the handlebar swinging round. :( On the upside the frame appears to be completely free of the demon rust and I can't find a spot anywhere, not even after putting an endoscope down the seat tube, which just seems to contain a smearing of grease.

Pictures to follow soon.

I just have one question if anybody can give me an idea of the maximum travel I can get away with for front shocks.

Cheers

Mike

Its not exactly about travel. Its about build height. Your eddy will be fit for 395mm, that pretty much limits you to early Judys/ Mag 20/21s /Manitou 1/2/3 and similar. And most forks with more than 6cm travel will not fit well, I suppose.

Re:

Thanks Thias

I have some Pace RC36 and RC35, was hoping to use the RC36 with the travel lowered to 70 mm.

I'll check the ride height when i get them back from Tim.

Re:

First couple of pics.

Got the forks back from Tim and they are looking good but a touch on the long side :facepalm:

Will make do for a while til i can get my RC35's sorted (Rumours of a spring kit from Tim).

Just got a quick photo of the frame with the forks and wheels in loosely.

The wheels are Mavic 230TIB Rims with DT stainless spokes, Front Hub is a Pace RC50 32H and the rear is a Ringle Super Bubba.

The Rear has taken a few big Hits trying to keep up with full sussers and the rear rim especially has a couple of dings in it! I would ideally like some NOS Mavic 217's in Sunset (32H) but not much chance of that :facepalm:

Build will be mostly m952 XTR with a middleburn chainset and syncros stem and pace bars.

The main thing I'm not really happy with is the seatpost. Kalloy, but it was £4 and the right size so it will do for the time being!

Re:

You may notice the Mrs's dining table in the background, unfortunately the large shed is now the kids and the small shed is just to small, so dining room it is for the build.

Not sure if she's that happy about it tho :shock:

Re:

Looking good!

I'm pretty much there with parts for my aquafade 94'.

Just need to bite the bullet and pay for the wheel build...

Consider it done :)

Re:

Looking good mate I really like that seat post on yours it'll look nice with early flite saddle :cool: ..them forks also look nice

Re:

Thanks I always loved those forks back in the day.

Got an early Flite I bought when they first came out as well as long as I can find it!

Thanks for moving the thread Raidan, don't know what I was thinking.

Been busy this week but will try to get some closer photos of the frame soon. Am away with cycling club this weekend so it will have to be next week.

Mike

Back