Marin Eldridge Grade 1992, finally found one!

mjphoto

Retro Newbie
I know I'm not the first to post about one of these! I used to really want one in my teens when I used to race Mountain Bikes with Dorset Rough Riders in 1992. Couldn't afford one back in the day. Finally found a barn find one through Ebay that is my size and in decent original condition. Picked it up today. Just spent an hour or two swapping wheels, saddle and brakes, still a bit of work to do but she rides really well. Paint and decals are good and it's been looked after. Not ridden for years though. What do you think? Anyone else on here restored one of these?

Before and after a little tinkering...

Attachments

• DSC_0048.jpg
    DSC_0048.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 848
  • DSC_0059.jpg
    DSC_0059.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 847
Re:

I restored a 20in one which I will be listing in a week or so. They really do ride nice but just have too many bikes :facepalm:

I know I'm not the first to post about one of these! I used to really want one in my teens when I used to race Mountain Bikes with Dorset Rough Riders in 1992. Couldn't afford one back in the day. Finally found a barn find one through Ebay that is my size and in decent original condition. Picked it up today. Just spent an hour or two swapping wheels, saddle and brakes, still a bit of work to do but she rides really well. Paint and decals are good and it's been looked after. Not ridden for years though. What do you think? Anyone else on here restored one of these?

Before and after a little tinkering...
Hi,

I know I'm a bit late to respond, but what length is the stem? They don't list the stem sizes in their catalogs.

Cheers!

Back