1992 Raleigh Rescue ..

Muddy paw

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Well i was Karma'd this when i purchased my Fire Mountain last Saturday and so far i must say it's in very fine fettle although the bearings in the head tube seem a little erm rough but that's no big deal and the bb seems to be pretty good so i'll be pretty much just fitting parts off my old Rockrider for now although the seat stem is new none original which i'm not to bothered about and i've got the original Reynolds tubed handle bars on way in the post thanks to Kaz :cool: and the Vetta saddle in the pic is original although does need a little attention but here is how he stands before a bit of a clean ,,
Photo-0020_zps4uvmnd9z.jpg

And after a clean ;) .
005_zpsvemgzirx.jpg

002_zpsd2mxwobr.jpg

008_zpst65p9xsm.jpg

I have to admit the temptation to go fully period isn't tempting enough to stop me from upgrading the chainset and rear mech later on to Lx/Dx and also tempted later on maybe to put XT canti's on but for now i just want to get out and ride this soon ;) ..

Well i didn't get much time today to tinker on the Ravine but i did manage to put the wheels and chainset and pedals on off the old Rockrider plus a set of titech bars which i change once the original's arrive ,,

007_zpssxyhzlqn.jpg

I can't wait to get the brakes on it so i can at least give it a quick ride and tbh it's a lot lighter than i expected for a 19" so quite pleased with it so far ;) ..

Parts list .
19" Off Road Series "K2 Reynolds Cromoly DB Main Frame.
501 Reynolds 545mm long flat handlebars .
Grips Ritchey ..
Zoom quill handelbar stem.
Zoom bar ends .
Wheels, Alesa 36 hole Narrow eyeleted black anodised rims with Shimano QR Exage hubs .
Levers: Shimano Deore ll SLR Mt-63
Cantilevers: Shimano Deore ll SLR Mt-63
Rear Mech: Shimano Deore XT ll M-732 long cage.
Chainset: Shimano Deore XT M-730 arms
Cassette is 7 speed Shimano Hyper Glide 30 x 13 .
Shimano uniglide 7/8 speed chain .
Bottom bracket is UN-71 XT.
CST-Eiger-26-x-1-95-Mountain-Bike- Tyres n Raleigh tubes .
3 speed Deore light Action .
7 speed Shimano XT MT-732 .
Original Tange head set .
Vetta Gel Shock Absorb saddle .
Hard Black 4130 Cromoly Low Profile , 300mm
Shimano front derailluer .

No proper update as yet as i've got another Zoom H stem winging it's way to me as i write so until it arrives the bike is pretty much on hold for now which i'm finding a little frustrating atm as i just want to ride it but i know it will be worth the wait when it arrives :) ..

Re: 1992 Raleigh Ravine rebuild ..

Colour looks similar to my explosif !

Did you manage to source paint for the Kona ?

enc":1z5r36nw said:

Hi mate ,

Yes i pretty much think it is similar to your Explosif but the pics don't really do the paint justice tbh as it's actually a couple of shades darker and the metallic in the paint is very subtle so thinking about it's probably a mica paint which shows some lovely colours but i can't seem to capture it on my old phone camera :( so maybe i need to sneak the wifes for a couple of shot's later ;) :LOL: .

Well this thread isn't about the kona :eek: but seen as you asked the wife has got a new bottle of nail varnish which just so happens is a fraction of a shade darker which i expect will look pretty good with a white primer on 1st but i'm kinda in a dilemma atm because their's a hell of a lot of rust on the chainstay's besides the rest so i'm not sure what's happening as on one hand i'd like to keep the frame original but on the other i'm tempted at a later date to have it all resprayed but i'm worried about not being able to get hold of the decals for it so my other thoughts were a part respray on the rear triangle by a pro that is and just touch up the rest myself :? ..

Muddy paw":nrirt18w said:
enc":nrirt18w said:

Hi mate ,

Yes i pretty much think it is similar to your Explosif but the pics don't really do the paint justice tbh as it's actually a couple of shades darker and the metallic in the paint is very subtle so thinking about it's probably a mica paint which shows some lovely colours but i can't seem to capture it on my old phone camera :( so maybe i need to sneak the wifes for a couple of shot's later ;) :LOL: .

Well this thread isn't about the kona :eek: but seen as you asked the wife has got a new bottle of nail varnish which just so happens is a fraction of a shade darker which i expect will look pretty good with a white primer on 1st but i'm kinda in a dilemma atm because their's a hell of a lot of rust on the chainstay's besides the rest so i'm not sure what's happening as on one hand i'd like to keep the frame original but on the other i'm tempted at a later date to have it all resprayed but i'm worried about not being able to get hold of the decals for it so my other thoughts were a part respray on the rear triangle by a pro that is and just touch up the rest myself :? ..

yeah i can just about see the subtle metallic shimmer. be nice to see some high res pics mate. ill save my kona comments for the proper thread '-)

BTW, kudos for sneaking it into the kitchem whilst the mrs is out :shock: :LOL:

enc":13rvbzub said:
BTW, kudos for sneaking it into the kitchem whilst the mrs is out :shock: :LOL:

Well i had to clean it some where ;) and the mr's weren't best pleased as she walked in while i were taking the pic :roll: :LOL: and not to worry about enquiring about the Kona as i do appreciate the interest but i've not started a thread for it as yet due to wanting to get the Ravine sorted 1st which will give me more time on the Kona ;) ..

Well this little gem arrived today thanks to cooie ,

001_zpsdmsxm04d.jpg

Hopefully i'll get time Sunday ti fit it along with the bars i got off Likeclockwork and then i can finally get the gears and brakes set up :cool: ..

1992 Raliegh Rescue ..

Well i managed to get a little more done to day even though the weather was threatening to rain it seemed to hold off but because of poor light my pic is pretty poor but it will do for the time being ..
004_zpswr9kj6qt.jpg

Back