My little Family ..

Muddy paw

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Well just a few weeks ago i didn't own a true retro bike but since then i've bought a 98 Kona
Lavadome off LikeClockwork for the Mr's and i've just bought a 89 Kona FireMountain off Doctorstewie plus picked up a 92 Raleigh Ravine frame off him as well which i'll be transferring parts over to it off my 09 Rockrider so here's a couple of pic's of them although their not brilliant but will do for now ..

Photo-0020_zps4uvmnd9z.jpg

my%20pics%20002_zpspd46mhrn.jpg

I will be touching up the paint work on my Fire Mountain as it's chipped in quite a few places so i'll need to source some paint from some where and as for the Raleigh the paint work is pretty decent so a wash and polish should see that right enough for now and the colour is actually more purple than blue and should look a real treat when sorted ;) ..

Like buses, nothing Then 3 come Along together :LOL:

Look forward to see how you tackle the Fire mountain paint splatter.

I guess if the damaged areas are fairly small you should be able to blend the paint with the camouflage effect of the splatter. I suppose nail varnish would be the most obvious solution. You'll turn some heads at the Boots counter with a bike frame in hand :LOL:
Good luck with the project.

Were on the same wave length regards touching up the paint work but i may be calling in B&M's or the local craft shop and yes i couldn't seem to get hold of anything retro over the last 12months and then all of a sudden i just seemed to be in the right place at the right time :cool: so i really am very well pleased with the bikes and i'm tempted to just get the Ravine on the road for now but maybe gather original parts for it later so it's period but i'll just sleep on it for now then decide ;) ..

I've just got a few more pics today ..
008_zpsbpspxipy.jpg

006_zpskkzkcpdk.jpg

Theirs a fair bit of work to do on the Kona so it will be put on hold for now and i'll concerntrate on getting the Ravine on the road 1st as it will be the cheaper of the two to fix up ..

Back