1988 MB1 in natural habitat

singletrackmac

Dirt Disciple
Here is my 1988 MB1 out in its natural habitat getting dirty. All original except for the saddle. Lugged frame with Tange Prestige makes for one nice ride.

Attachments

• MB1 big trail.jpeg
    MB1 big trail.jpeg
    193 KB · Views: 562
  • MB1 Big Tree Front.jpeg
    MB1 Big Tree Front.jpeg
    306.9 KB · Views: 562
  • MB1 Big fork brake tire.jpeg
    MB1 Big fork brake tire.jpeg
    133.3 KB · Views: 561
  • MB1 Big Presige.jpeg
    MB1 Big Presige.jpeg
    173.6 KB · Views: 561
  • MB1 Big Seat lug.jpeg
    MB1 Big Seat lug.jpeg
    172.7 KB · Views: 561
  • MB1 big HT lugs.jpeg
    MB1 big HT lugs.jpeg
    184.4 KB · Views: 562
Nice ... What's the script with Bridgestone then ? Obviously better known for their tyres. Great colour way on this bike.

:D Guy in our club has one of those as his winter trainer, studded tyres, mudguards and rust..........

enc":1uppphu4 said:
Nice ... What's the script with Bridgestone then ? Obviously better known for their tyres. Great colour way on this bike.

Thanks all!

I've been am looking for a '87 MB1 as well as and '93 MB1in a 53cm or 56cm and found this '88 MB1 in great condition for cheap. I had plans to put drop bars on it like the 87 and even got a nitto dirt drop stem for it, but it rides so nice as is I haven't got any further. I have to say this is the most comfortable mtb I own, not the fastest or best handling, but comfortable. If i get my hands on a tange koski dura track fork that they put on the '89 MB1, I might then go thru with the drop bars and have the drops from '87, the black components from the '88 and the koski fork from the '89 all on one bike and possibly repaint with the decals form '87.

I remember Bridgestone having great catalogues with lots of good propaganda. Check out the one's from '92 or '93 here and their propaganda against front suspension and bottom mount shifters.

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/bridgestone/1992/1992.pdf

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/bridgestone/1993/index.htm

I'm pretty sure their choice to stay old school is what hurt them in the early 90's, but that's why I love them!

Attachments

• MB1 1987 catologue.jpg
    MB1 1987 catologue.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 448
Back