Brace of GT's (Updated)

Wold Ranger

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Not show quality but these get ridden very regularly. The Zaskar was picked up from a mate who runs the LBS who took the bike in px, I got it cheap, was running it SS, but so impressed with the handling, I'm now running it geared 2x9. I thought about a re paint, but after a few hours with some car body cutting compound, apart from the left chainstay rub, its now virtually 100 percent, needs a better seat post, love the Hone cranks(light and stiff but modern) the obligatory King Headset is still on the way. Front hub is an as new Pace Carbon(bonus) on CD TiO2 517 rims, back XT on same rim.
Its a Medium, but measures just 14 CTC and is amazingly confidence inspiring. I've ridden up a flight of stone steps and down and 2 foot rolling drop offs are a breeze, one of the best frames I have ever ridden (and I've ridden a lot)

The other little beauty is a 12.5 very early Chromo US built Bravado, I had this re coated in two tone Pink for the GF. Its still evolving, I wud Lyk a more period Post, brakes n Stem and I have a lighter wheelset being rebuilt, a double front chainset would be better too. Its pretty light and feels more like a soft tail on the trail.

Wadya think folks?
GTs010.jpg

GTs006.jpg

GTs001.jpg

GTs002.jpg

Im going to sound gay here, but i really love the pink GT, looks girlie with typical GT atitude

Pink

To Be honest I was building it for myself, but fatal really, GF took an instant claim on it and now she's keener than me to be out on the bike.

I would love the Bravado, to try and tempt Mrs GT in all things MTB :cool:

Loving the USE forks ;)

GT

Not really finished yet, needs some more red white and blue? Pink ODI lock ons have been suggested also? Thanks for the comments all. Feeling coming on I may do something bizarre with the Zaskar paintwise? Metalflake, in purple or orange are festering in my mind!

Both look fab!

Dont change the 'Team' colours!!

If you get it redone get the paintshop the same again.......

Tim

Hi,

Bikes look cool!

The Bravado is a cracker! :D

Al.

Back