'92 Raleigh Peak

al

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
I picked this bike up as a complete if lagged in engine oil and filth bike a few months ago. I was going to keep it completely original, but not really my thing... so some time later and every component stripped cleaned lubed and ready to go back on, along with a pair of Amp f1's, Tioga brake booster, ahead set, Raleigh Cr-Mo stem, Zoom 130's, Foam grips, Tioga pin and Flite etc...

And to think the lady selling it thought she was getting the better part of the deal!

al.

Attachments

• 11954630_757454621031361_4749797771267679163_n.jpg
    11954630_757454621031361_4749797771267679163_n.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 801
Re:

No love!

Come on little Raleigh lets go to the pub get pissed... Ignore this lot, It'll look better through the bottom of a glass. We'll go on to a club later and see if we can pick you up a nice little drop crossbar chic... then they'll be envious of your good looks and workman like stance, they'll be sorry!!

al.

Re: Re:

tedhodson":1ncsui01 said:
Lugged frame and Amp fork...pretty cool.

The frame's in great shape.

Thanks I'll pass the message on, he's gone to the loo... turns out he can't take his ale.

al.

Re: '93 Raleigh Peak

Not surprised he wants to get drunk, some swine's nicked his chainset and chain.

( Nice BTW, amazing how clean muck can keep things )

I've got an older brother of his at mine who's in need of a little more attention although i was thinking of speccing My 92 Ravine a bit later on the the same as the Summit as at the moment i'm just throwing parts on to just get him road worthy again ;) so hows this fine beast of yours coming along then atm as i'd love to see him all finished with a fresh coat of mud on the tires :) ..

You'll have to excuse the pic quality as poor light and old phone don't help but i'm hoping for better weather so i can finish him tomorrow .

004_zpswr9kj6qt.jpg

Parts list .
501 Reynolds 545mm long flat handlebars .
Brake levers 2 digit Honga off previous bike .
Front wheel Karma Bontranger off Liam .
V's off the ol Rockrider .
Rear wheel Shimano nexave silent clutch 7speed cassette hub .
The rim is Cyber 10 .
Shimano hyperglide 42 tooth crankset .
Cassette is 7 speed Shimano Hyper Glide 41, 28 x 11 toothed sprockets.
Shimano uniglide 7/8 speed chain .
Bottom bracket is original unknown brand.
Raliegh Eiger 26x175 Tyres n tubes .
3 speed Acera front shifter .
7 speed Shimano Acera SL rapid fire thumbshifter .
Tange head set .
Zoom quil handelbar stem.
Shimano long caged 7 speed Tourney rear mech .
Karma Purple outer brake cable casing off Liam .
Vetta Shock saddle .
Rockbros purple handlebar Grips .
Shimano front derailluer .
Truativ chainset .

Kona-Ian":3dx34kd2 said:
1993 Raleigh Peak was pink, I know this because I had one ;)

Maybe it was a 92 and al has got his year wrong which would make sense if he's been told otherwise ..

Back