Offroad Proflex 950

24pouces

BoTM Triple Crown
BoTM Winner
rBotM Winner
PoTM Winner
I was looking for one since a long time and I really wanted the smaller size.
I was looking for the 750 for its cool colors but when I saw it on ebay, I couldn't resist.
So, for holidays, I could ride the 3 first mtb with rear suspension sold in France, like shown in an article in a french mtb magazine :
Cannondale SE2000, Boulder (Ok, mine is a 93 defiant Ti)… and Proflex 950 !

And know, pictures en enjoy !

Re:

The best is Boulder Defiant Ti but there's front and rear suspension and it's a 1993 bike.
Between the Cannondale EST and Offfoad : the Offroad is stiffer and it climbs better. You don't feel the suspension in the legs.
On other hand, the swing arm of the Cannondale got more lateral flex, but the suspension seems to work better with its hydraulic damper and more travel.

I've had a few Proflex's, all in red and with lower range components.
I always thought about them as a little cheap, if you know what I mean.
But in this colour scheme and with the XT it looks really classy!

That's gorgeous. There weren't many shops selling those where I lived back in the early nineties, so I haven't seen many, and never ridden one. That one looks lovely, and very very early nineties :) ( Even the rims look like the brakes have hardly touched them) How much rear travel does it give? I imagine it's about 30mm?

Re:

There are not original bumpers but There's around 30mm of springy travel. The bike bumps on big shock and ther's no front suspension. But it's a very funny bike, very stiff but a little heavy

Back