Rocky Mountain Blizzard 1995

Retro Guru
A new to me, but not new to the forum, 1995 Rocky Mountain Blizzard. I've had this a couple of weeks now and I really like the way it rides.

The build is for riding, so I'm not going overboard on being period correct.

groupset - various iterations of Shimano XT, mainly M730. Apart from: brakes - Deore, brake levers - Avid, pedals - Wellgo

stem - Syncros
handlebars -titanium
grips - Oury
seat - Selle Italia Flite. Modern version with longer rails.
seatpost - Kalloy. I've got a 27.0 Syncros but it was very loose in the seat tube, and a bit short.
rims - Ritchey WCS Vantage Pro
tyres - Continental Cross Country 1.95

Attachments

• rocky mountain blizzard 1995.jpg
    rocky mountain blizzard 1995.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 1,518
Re:

Great job there the post on this year is 27.2 hence the loose fit
I have a Syncros Ti in rider condition if you are tempted.
It is a great ride and I expect you will love it as much as I did ;)

Cheers.

Regarding tubing, the catalogue for 1995 says “the Blizzard frame is a Tange Prestige custom Ultralight/Concept blend that features an exclusive triple butted seat tube”.

Still going strong.

Updates since the first post are: XT V-brakes, Mavic rear wheel, XTR/Mavic front wheel, Charge saddle, and currently using Charge Splashback 2.1 front tyre with a 1.95 IRC Mythos on the rear.

Attachments

• rocky mountain blizzard 1995.JPG
    rocky mountain blizzard 1995.JPG
    163.2 KB · Views: 1,254
Re: Re:

what type of tubeset was used for the frame?[/quote said:
Tange Prestige Ultimate Ultralight.... They are really nice frames, I love mine :D

If it's constructed anything like mine (And why wouldn't it be!), The weld is different at the seat tube/seat stays junction, Going from normal TIG welds elsewhere to looking like fillet at that point, looks great with the extended seat tube and slash cut seat post collar :D

I've rebuilt mine with more modern parts as well, However if you're looking for any OE kit OP I've still got it in a box... somewhere :roll:

Back