Klein Rascal Gator 1993-finished

Vinevo

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Klein Fan
Feedback
View
Despite having a few projects already on the go my current enthusiasm is to get going with this. I bought it a couple maybe 3 years ago from "Ductape" Stateside.

I've had the parts for it for ages, Spinner forks which I had powder coated in black some time ago and I have a black MC1 0'degree to go with it.

Groupset will be XT, Campag rims, Flite, Syncros, Dia Compe, Porcs, so I'm hoping it will all bolt together effortlessly with any luck, unlike last Summers project being a mix of more boutique items.

Few pics here before I get started, has patina which I'm choosing to leave. Stickers will be coming off along with scruffy chain stay protector, new cable liners will be fitted, BB bearings are smooth so no need to change them but I may need to swap axle out if it's the incorrect length.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 1,911
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 1,911
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 1,911
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 1,911
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 1,911
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 1,911
Re: Klein Rascal Gator

Love it! Very nice little bike! I’ve always dreamed of owning a gator fade :D

Re:

Very nice mate. Great choice of kit too...

What Campag rims are you going to use?

Re:

Cheers, wheels are already built but can't remember off the top of my head what type the rims are, will add to post as and when.

Sweet!

I think a P2 or a AccuTrax will look nice as well....

very nice, same tubes as an attitude, except for the mc1 headset and uni forks.
I agree with Arie, straight forks looks better and closer to an attitude but a klein spinner has to be the choice for a correct setup.
why not a repaint of forks and mc1 in gator?

Crus":n5bffb1k said:
why not a repaint of forks and mc1 in gator?

Just trying to keep the budget down abit on this one as some other builds are costing a fair bit, can always get them done later of course.

Back