90 Orange Prestige

DynaCol

MacRetro Rider
Raleigh Fan
Feedback
View
Another one ticked off the list!

Picked this up a few weeks ago, wasn't really after another project but a classic Orange was on my wish list so I Crumbled when I saw it :facepalm: .

There's two frame numbers, not sure if this is normal, A89124515 & OX145BZ. Anyone know what the second number means?

Attachments

• DX decal.jpg
    DX decal.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 4,171
  • Fork No..jpg
    Fork No..jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 4,168
  • BB Frame No..jpg
    BB Frame No..jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 4,171
  • Frameset.jpg
    Frameset.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 4,171
Re:

Blimey, that needs some love...should be nice once repainted though. Good to see that you have the original forks as well.

The second number is a postcode, for Ock Street in Abingdon apparently :)

Re: Re:

mynchiboy":2tghd3o9 said:
Blimey, that needs some love...should be nice once repainted though. Good to see that you have the original forks as well.

Yeah it's in a bit of a sorry state that's for sure! nowt that can't be sorted out though (my Appalachian was in a similar condition when I got it) . Never thought about it being a postcode, what's the significance of Ock Street in Abingdon??

DynaCol":1eb3m68p said:
mynchiboy":1eb3m68p said:

Yeah it's in a bit of a sorry state that's for sure! nowt that can't be sorted out though (my Appalachian was in a similar condition when I got it) . Never thought about it being a postcode, what's the significance of Ock Street in Abingdon??

Yep, stunning job you did on the Appalachian :)

No significance on the postcode as far as I know, other than one of the owners of the frame/bike probably lived there...

mynchiboy":3dqppdqe said:
Yep, stunning job you did on the Appalachian :)

No significance on the postcode as far as I know, other than one of the owners of the frame/bike probably lived there...
Cheers, hopefully this one turns out as good :D .

Ahh right so probably just a security feature that someone's added when they bought it, in case it got stolen.

brocklanders023":2nukpiqe said:
From the first number I'd call it a December 1989 frame, so a 1990 model year. Digging the DX decal. :cool:
So is it the first two numbers that signify the year then not 2nd and 3rd as I thought?
The DX decal will be getting recreated hopefully, so no mystery what I'm building this up with :LOL:

Re:

Oh man, an 89er – nice! Exactly like my frame too. Love the Orange DX logo too. Where are all these old iconic frames still hidden away? I'd almost sell my soul for one of these. Looking forward to seeing the build up.

brocklanders023":1dcyal27 said:
Think I'm right and it has all the details of a 1989/90. My old 1991 had a different frame design.
Thanks for the info, I think the presence of the DX decal would mean it's no earlier than 1990. So I'll go ahead and change the title of the thread accordingly. :D

Back