1989 kona fire mountain

longun

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
bought a frame and fork, got it delivered and build same day..............head tubes damaged :( looks like its been front ended into a very solid hard thing at speed. welds appear okay so to be honest this will end up being a cruiser/work bike and have vry little hard abuse on the trail.

built up with mainly dx bits, smokes, flexstem and some super narrow taperlites. first time with powergrips and i like them alot :D

with younger brother

Re:

Nicest colour scheme on a kona ever, why don't they still do em like this eh.

Shame about the front end, is it just the fork or is it the frame? , can't tell on my mobile But from the photo with the cindercone you can see the difference... Real bummer! Hope you can get some comeback on your purchase.

Other than that, who cares..... As long as it's a good daily rider for you.

RBG

20150806_205308.jpg

Ouch ! im guessing that lump above the lower cable shouldn't be there :(

Like RBG says, I really wish someone would do finishes like that now.
It IS a real shame about that shunt; looks from here like the headtube AND the fork. Sad when the rest of it is in such good condition. The flex stem looks just right on it too :) Did you mention the damage to the seller?

That's noticeably bent... ouch.
Still, as long as it rides okay! Fork is probably bent too, though...

Re:

Checked fork and its fine. good old high tensile steel eh haha. It be rite with pannier on and slicks for work......unless i find another or get the rockhopper sorted

Ouch ! that's had more than a slight knock ;o but yes these bikes are quite hefty ! and yours still looks good for it's age tbh :cool: ..

Back