Klein rascal restoration

bunzra

Devout Dirtbag
Hi folks

Heres a Klein Rascali got from the states for 90 dollars, it was in a bit of a state with plenty of chain suck and some large dents here and there. so i stripped it all back filled it , preped it and preped again until i was happy to attempt my first spray job. Heres where i am up to so far anyway.

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    93.6 KB · Views: 1,025
  • image3.jpg
    image3.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 1,025
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 1,025
  • image6.jpeg
    image6.jpeg
    92.2 KB · Views: 1,025
  • image9.jpeg
    image9.jpeg
    54.1 KB · Views: 1,025
  • image10.jpeg
    image10.jpeg
    113.3 KB · Views: 1,025
  • image11.jpeg
    image11.jpeg
    73.7 KB · Views: 1,025
  • image13.jpeg
    image13.jpeg
    145.3 KB · Views: 1,025
Re:

Nice work. Looks very tidy and like the stencilled logos. Far better than just slapping on stickers!

Re: Re:

chicken":30xos8fh said:
Nice work. Looks very tidy and like the stencilled logos. Far better than just slapping on stickers!

cheers!

The frame had had a hard life so it was only fair to put it back to its original state! Gil at retro decals supplied the debossed masks.

Re:

Great job! It looks really good.

Impressive that you also painted it with debossed decals.

Looking forward to see the build process.

mkaavin":21bbdqer said:

Thankyou sir! its not actually that difficult to do debossed as long as you take your time and mark it all out properly. prep is key!! i am planning on building this up with xt groupset, i ve got some nos FIR rims that i built into some xt hubs to. i just need to get the bottom bracket fitted and turn up some new brake bosses for the rear cantis and the frames ready for the build, which could be a while though :D

bunzra":2jyk85jm said:
mkaavin":2jyk85jm said:

Thankyou sir! its not actually that difficult to do debossed as long as you take your time and mark it all out properly. prep is key!! i am planning on building this up with xt groupset, i ve got some nos FIR rims that i built into some xt hubs to. i just need to get the bottom bracket fitted and turn up some new brake bosses for the rear cantis and the frames ready for the build, which could be a while though :D

Even though you make it sound easy, I'm still very impressed with the debossing :)

Anyway, looking forward to see the rest of the build even though it might take some time ;-) I'm not the fastest builder myself so I understand. One needs to take time and enjoy the building process :)

thanks alot , appreciate your appreciation :D

like you say its always best to take your time and enjoy it because its about having fun doing at at the end of the day. i ll get some more pics up soon!!

all the best :D :D

I thought Kleins had to have multicoloured fade paint jobs;-)
Looks good..

mkaavin":1k4fe5ax said:

What's debossed mean?

Back