Roberts - either Black Leopard or Snow Leopard

retrobikeguy

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
Better start a build thread on this one then....

I picked this up a month or so ago at an auction, it was marketed as a white spider but at first sight I thought it was an overburys so I threw it in with the resident experts amongst you to see what other info we could find ➡️ http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... p;t=327279

after a a lot of info from sinnerman he suggested it could be something slightly different from a spider, cant be sure though so we'll see, either way its a Roberts and in anyones books thats just great.

Anyways as you can see........ it needed some work and to be honest I dont have as much money to throw at bikes as I did when Retrobike started up so this is a tight wallet build........thinking workhorse Deore DX running gear, its a good honest groupset and my fave groupset.

IMAG0591_zps2qauskiw.jpg

stripped down

IMAG0609_zpskxxjrfpx.jpg

IMAG0608_zps5gf6vaso.jpg

IMAG0607_zpsmg3iq7b8.jpg

IMAG0606_zpsx8x6yqdt.jpg

It has gone off to the painters now, will update y'all when I get it back and I start sorting out the parts from the black hole in the garden.

RBG

Re:

colour Taster....

5184647c-9d9b-4f37-984f-05604c0950d9_zpsjlt0uflc.jpg

8fcce0a3-63e1-449c-ad6b-b65de748504e_zps5kjy2i6g.jpg

Matching frame and fork numbers

DSCF8386_zpsd9coy5hd.jpg

Its more of a Cadburys colour in real life

RBG

Re:

Looks Very Cool.

In fairness I have an article showing this exact frame bearing the Roberts model name "Snow Leopard"...and I have been through Boxes of it to try and find it for you, and have so far come up empty handed....but I will persist for you. After all I don't believe there is one Example of a Snow Leopard in any collection or on Retro bike that I know of..!(Eagerly waiting to be corrected..?) It may only be a name, but it might be a little more like finding a Roberts Quicksilver.....! Rare.

Re: Re: Snow Leopard

sinnerman":2odavcn6 said:
Looks Very Cool.

In fairness I have an article showing this exact frame bearing the Roberts model name "Snow Leopard"...and I have been through Boxes of it to try and find it for you, and have so far come up empty handed....but I will persist for you. After all I don't believe there is one Example of a Snow Leopard in any collection or on Retro bike that I know of..!(Eagerly waiting to be corrected..?) It may only be a name, but it might be a little more like finding a Roberts Quicksilver.....! Rare.

Hi S,

I was waiting to see if you had an article showing its heritage, I would certainly like to see that if you manage to lay your hands on it :D would be nice to find I have unearthed an unusual model to add to the RB forum, If anyone can prove it......... you can!

Title changed

RBG

Re:

Ooofff. Tres bien. Signing in. For what it's worth, I don't think this needs a high-end gruppo to be a winner. DX as you suggest will go just nicely.

Mate, I love what you did with the white......Very Cool, and Purple is sexy....! are you going with white decals, and are you going to use the font from the 87 89 model year....?

And don't worry I will find it...!

Respect.

sinnerman":1xmz8ngw said:
Mate, I love what you did with the white......Very Cool, and Purple is sexy....! are you going with white decals, and are you going to use the font from the 87 89 model year....?

Early decals, white with black outline, ties in nice with the seat tube..... like a vintage roadie's bike. theyre on now and look great - will post up a photo tomorrow when the sun is out.

RBG

Back