Pace F7

Sheffield

Retro Guru
Another frame lying around doing nothing. Any ideas what the required kit would be to get it 'period'? I have some Pro Class 2's and some C2's (sadly not the right caliper to fit the chainstay mount).

main.php

main.php

main.php

Thanks for that Clunker, shall I copy him...

I have a fewbits and bobs lying around that might work. It came with Tioga Revolvers (needs cup and bearings to get them up and running, anybody help?). I also have a set of Hope splined hubs that would work with the C2's. Might use my short Hope stem instead of a long, low Pace one.

Pace

Silver Race Face Turbine Cranks, RC36 forks, Ringle headset, Pace or Answer Stem, Answer flat bars, Shifters were variable as were rear mech, the Disc/mount was aftermarket, should be V's, but C2s became an option. CD ceramic rims, red Ringle or Red Hope Ti Glide rear hub,(for discs) Pace Carbon front hub, red spoke nipples, USE or Roox seatpost, Flite saddle. This is pretty much how all the ones me an my M8's ran that came from Edston, There was an All red option though! with Anodised red everything for quite a bit more on the new price.

Nice, exactly the same frame as mine.

My Team issue I brought new in 1997 came equipped with SRAM ESP 9.0, Hope C2 brakes, Silver hope ti hubs laced to Araya RM-395's with Panaracer mach SS tyres, Hope ti BB, Pace stem/rc +130 bars, control tech stubbies, syncros post, bonti ti saddle, Race face cranks, Pace rings, pace Crud catcher and RC36 proclass fork. It still has most of the original kit on it to this day.

I'd be tempted with a euro build as much as possible with all the Brit goodness you can muster....X Lite, Hope, Middleburn, Sachs, Mavic etc etc...nice!

Reckon I could muster enough parts for euro build. Shifters and gears would be the toughest things to source I suspect, but I like that idea.

Put the frame away at the moment to hide it from the wife, the reason. I have foolishly just bought a. Orange Clockwork AND a Bridgestone frame offa da 'bay, at a time when I'm supposed to be reducing the stable (see sig).

Back