Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:11 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post subject: Pace F7
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:26 pm 
Old School Hero

Another frame lying around doing nothing. Any ideas what the required kit would be to get it 'period'? I have some Pro Class 2's and some C2's (sadly not the right caliper to fit the chainstay mount).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:05 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

lucky man to find it lying around :lol: just put what you fancy on it and ride the beast.

Spitoons should give you some inspiration: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31884

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:39 pm 
Old School Hero

Thanks for that Clunker, shall I copy him...

I have a fewbits and bobs lying around that might work. It came with Tioga Revolvers (needs cup and bearings to get them up and running, anybody help?). I also have a set of Hope splined hubs that would work with the C2's. Might use my short Hope stem instead of a long, low Pace one.

Post subject: Pace
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:20 am 
Old School Grand Master

Silver Race Face Turbine Cranks, RC36 forks, Ringle headset, Pace or Answer Stem, Answer flat bars, Shifters were variable as were rear mech, the Disc/mount was aftermarket, should be V's, but C2s became an option. CD ceramic rims, red Ringle or Red Hope Ti Glide rear hub,(for discs) Pace Carbon front hub, red spoke nipples, USE or Roox seatpost, Flite saddle. This is pretty much how all the ones me an my M8's ran that came from Edston, There was an All red option though! with Anodised red everything for quite a bit more on the new price.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:43 am 
Old School Grand Master
Old School Grand Master

Change the dropouts, put some canti studs on, strap on some Maguras, add some Middleburn, Hope and Mavic parts, dash of XTR, RC36 Pro Class.....lovely :wink: :)

Send me the frame number for this please:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20895

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:13 am 
Retro Guru

Nice, exactly the same frame as mine.

My Team issue I brought new in 1997 came equipped with SRAM ESP 9.0, Hope C2 brakes, Silver hope ti hubs laced to Araya RM-395's with Panaracer mach SS tyres, Hope ti BB, Pace stem/rc +130 bars, control tech stubbies, syncros post, bonti ti saddle, Race face cranks, Pace rings, pace Crud catcher and RC36 proclass fork. It still has most of the original kit on it to this day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:13 am 
BoTM Winner / retrobike rider
BoTM Winner / retrobike rider

I'd be tempted with a euro build as much as possible with all the Brit goodness you can muster....X Lite, Hope, Middleburn, Sachs, Mavic etc etc...nice!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:48 am 
Old School Hero

Reckon I could muster enough parts for euro build. Shifters and gears would be the toughest things to source I suspect, but I like that idea.

Put the frame away at the moment to hide it from the wife, the reason. I have foolishly just bought a. Orange Clockwork AND a Bridgestone frame offa da 'bay, at a time when I'm supposed to be reducing the stable (see sig).