1989 TBG Kona Fire mountain ...... Splatterlicous

retrobikeguy

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
Wanted one of these for a while, its been a slow attic build, not classed as a bike as it has no wheels......... honest luv :| well she broke her ankle dead on new year and hasn't been able to climb the stairs to the attic, so the wheels were dragged out of the eaves and put on just for tonight

IMAG0802_zpsapmybtoo.jpg

finally, she has gone out to a friends house and I drag it downstairs for a quick spin :D

IMAG0779_zpsd6sln9ba.jpg

Looking better than I expected

IMAG0790_zpskqurih9q.jpg

Wheels are exage on matching weinman/bontrager rims were from a chap at the york cycle rally, £10 the pair with cassette, tyres are a more modern yet amber walled slick.

IMAG0792_zps5ahs9ico.jpg

IMAG0796_zpsqrsuakrg.jpg

Turbo Lite saddle, Great on top and sides, little untidy at the rear but for £2........ bargain!

IMAG0795_zpsozyyyirt.jpg

IMAG0798_zpsmd7dsvkp.jpg

Exage STi in better condition than the ones I had originally thanks to LGF, and foam grips finish it off period wise... £1.30 delivered, and front and rear mech from the parts bin of the recycle cycle lot...£3.00

IMAG0794_zpsbkyzwb25.jpg

Nice 300LX chainset again thanks to LGF, getting very hard to find this low end stuff in nice condition.

IMAG0791_zpsroueto9u.jpg

IMAG0788_zpslj4wmjcg.jpg

Paint and decals are in great condition ➡️

IMAG0782_zpscdsys6lt.jpg

I'm chuffed

RBG

Oooh splatter paint Kona Fire Mountain :D
Cracking job you've done there with the build,it looks in lovely condition.

There's something so right about the blue and the white splatter on these it just go's perfect together,i can't wait to get mine built up now after seeing yours.

Nice, that's super clean. City Jets are an ok tyre, they ride well and certainly worth the money. I don't personally like the weird shape of them, but that's subjective.

al-onestare":349s6ra5 said:
That frame looks very much like the one I had and sold...is that a Croydon decal on the downtube? Has it got a CRO postcode stamped? That said, the splatters look different.

It does have that decal, worn in different areas to yours :) , I did check your build thread as I remembered that detail ........... I would say this is its long lost twin!

Bought from GG on ebay but on here as a frame/forks/h-set/u-brake combo, everything else is sourced bit by bit, I got what I wanted......something exactly like yours :D

RBG

retrobikeguy":2tpp6z0d said:
al-onestare":2tpp6z0d said:
That frame looks very much like the one I had and sold...is that a Croydon decal on the downtube? Has it got a CRO postcode stamped? That said, the splatters look different.

It does have that decal, worn in different areas to yours :) , I did check your build thread as I remembered that detail ........... I would say this is its long lost twin!

Bought from GG on ebay but on here as a frame/forks/h-set/u-brake combo, everything else is sourced bit by bit, I got what I wanted......something exactly like yours :D

RBG

Wow! That really would be something :cool:

Re:

Nice. The Fire Mountain just looks great in those colours, in fact it is the nicest colour scheme in all 26 years of production. :D

SP

Back