1998 Stumpjumper M2 Pro

P20

Retrobike Rider
A quick post of my new toy. Its a Stumpie M2 Pro from 1998. Its got a few problems but, its rideable. This will keep you going for now.
2584807404_6d7b38c7e8_b.jpg

Isn't photoshop great for making it look really flash (its far from it!!!) :LOL:

More to follow tomorrow. Must go or wor lass will kill me :LOL:

Its an 18". More pics.

2586256271_a88594411e_b.jpg

2587088404_4564381b74_b.jpg

The main problems are the drivetrain looks to be original and is quite worn, the middle ring has lost the odd tooth, but it does all work. The rear brake has some random grabbing action as the wheel rotates, suggesting the rim is plenked.

But the main problem is in the photo below. The bike was described as having a ding in the down tube and i did see the photos before i bought it. My initial thoughts were that it wasn't a ding and that it was actually a split in the frame.....it is split. I'm not fussed though, i'm going to ride it and keep an eye on it.

2587086130_5300b266ec_b.jpg

After all the entire bike was £100 posted :LOL: :LOL: so even if it dies quickly i haven't lost anything in the grand scheme of things.

Right i'm off to fit the semi-slicks for tonights commute to work and see if i can fettle that rear brake/rim. ;)

Are they polished S Works cranks??? Look very nice :cool:

For a ton, you cant complain. Forks are worth £40 or so, and then add the bar, stem, saddle etc.....theres you money back and then some ;)

Pickle":xeqb7qdr said:
Are they polished S Works cranks??? Look very nice :cool:
They're just normal strongarms.
Pickle":xeqb7qdr said:
For a ton, you cant complain. Forks are worth £40 or so, and then add the bar, stem, saddle etc.....theres you money back and then some ;)
Exactly ;)

Spec:
Stumpie M2 frame
Manitou SX fork
XT STi combined levers.
XT Front mech
XTR Rapid rise rear mech :roll:
Canecreek S2 headset
XT on Sunset :cool: rear wheel, Stout with Skraxle on 221 front
Ritchey forcelite bars
LX Chain/cassette
I've added:
Thomson stem
Time Atac pedals
Bonty Revolt slick tyres

The 1st photo is done with photoshop elements and is very easy,(it has to be for me) ;)

Looks sweet in that first pic, easy you say :? Is that seat post in good nick :?: Mines shagged :cry:
m2_001_129.jpg

Back