Bargain of the century 91? kona explosif

Kitmech

Retrobike Rider
Kona Fan
Ok so I have a saved search on my eBay account (as I guess most of you lot in Retrobike land) and I've been looking for a gold kona Explosif for years!

The listing was "adult kona bike"
I'm pretty sure if he'd listed the full name properly you lot would've seen it and bidding would've gone mad!

It turns out the bike was bought by the guys brother in law brand new and ridden as a commuter for 18 months then he had an accident and stopped riding. The bike was then given to our man in question and rode it very little in the following years! Fast forward to now and he loads the bike into the car to run up the tip :shock:
On putting the bike in his boot he thought hang on there's a new tyre on that its a shame to scrap it, I'll chuck it on the bay! I see it offer him £150 and bobs your uncle she's mine :shock: :LOL:

All I've got to do now is tell the Mrs there's another bike coming into the house :facepalm:

The plan is to put it back to catalogue spec. It may take a while as I'm going to re tension the wheels and ride it for a while!

Everything except the rear tyre and saddle is original, so only a strip down clean the parts and maybe a re spray will happen watch this space! ;)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 514
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 513
Re:

Nice work. It was actually outed in the eBay section - twice!

I'm in this thread.
If you start a new thread on it let me know, very interested to see how it goes.
A mate.... well an acquaintance had one of these while I was rolling with a Raleigh Peak.

Kona-Ian":64p9vsm1 said:
I'm in this thread.
If you start a new thread on it let me know, very interested to see how it goes.
A mate.... well an acquaintance had one of these while I was rolling with a Raleigh Peak.
Will do, could take quite a while this one gonna have some fun before I make her really pretty again :D

Back