1997 Cinder cone.... for now!

konaben82

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hi everyone

I've recently slapped this together for a little scoot around over the summer months, I reluctantly had to sell my modern 'best bike' due to a house move and needing the funds.. :|

I do actually really like the look of this mind you, it's great for zipping about on round Salisbury Plain on these summer evenings, I'm just so used to that 'more up right' position with longer forks/slack angles and tiny stem...baaaahhh! :roll: :LOL: blimmin modern tat! ;) ...so i will probably be looking to move the frame/forks and a few bits on at a slightly later date this year after my Son is born in September...and get something in the above shape etc

Anyway, I thought I'd share the pics as it's always polite :cool: hope you like it...and the summer colours! ;) the frame is such a wicked blue, definitley one of my favorites from 1997

Re:

Nice build i like it, my sort of thing!
Prob wont get many comments as all people are interested in on here is catalogue spec, riding them once in a blue moon and spending a shit load of money on some nos parts.

These mountain bikes weren't made to be ridden you know! ;)

Kyle

Nice work Ben :) Love the green highlights.
Kyle: Sweeping statements, much? :D :D
20150620_153034_zpsd4jptimz.jpg

Re:

I didnt say people's bikes don't get ridden clearly they do!
Its just that mainly on here people are only interested in nos draped garage queens.
With the exception of zaskars and a few others which you could do anything to!
Dont get me wrong i love zaskars.

I know Kyle, sorry if I offended you. I see your point, and you are right but I guess that's part of the attraction for some of us.
My Marin ( That's not me behind it, I'm the rotund sod behind the Kona )was rebuilt by me to be the same spec as I had one the last time I raced. Never meant to be a garage queen. Oddly I am now evolving it ( It just got a set of Bombers ) but I will keep all the original parts - just 'cos. It's a sentimental thing. I guess if people want to keep their bikes looking like they just came out of the shop that's their lookout. I'd love to, but then I could never ride them, and I'd rather ride, and I reckon you would too :)

doctorstewie":2q97aiok said:
I know Kyle, sorry if I offended you. I see your point, and you are right but I guess that's part of the attraction for some of us.
My Marin ( That's not me behind it, I'm the rotund sod behind the Kona )was rebuilt by me to be the same spec as I had one the last time I raced. Never meant to be a garage queen. Oddly I am now evolving it ( It just got a set of Bombers ) but I will keep all the original parts - just 'cos. It's a sentimental thing. I guess if people want to keep their bikes looking like they just came out of the shop that's their lookout. I'd love to, but then I could never ride them, and I'd rather ride, and I reckon you would too :)

I can understand the whole build it as the catalogue model(s) you wish you had bitd, i would probably have a couple if i had the disposable income and space. I'll happily give someone credit who's put in some real effort to get somethin built as it was rather than just throw a load of money at something!
A bit more love for the riders is my point.
I would love to re build the gt timberline i had before it got nicked but i doubt I'd ever ride it. :)

Back