1994 Dean Titanium Build

retroboston

Retro Guru
Always wanted a Dean when I was a kid, and have been keeping an eye out for a large recently. Found a nice frame on Ebay, which came with a Dean ti post.

M900 seemed like the most logical choice for this one. Picked up a nice, lightly used groupo.

M900 front mech is on its way to complete the setup. Was thinking about going with boutique aftermarket hubs, but picked up a nice pair of Mavic 230/M900 wheels already laced up. Cost the same as what I just paid in labor for wheels for my Ultimate build. Dressed them up with some mint Ringle Ti-Stix, and NOS Specialized More Extreme/Pro Control tires.

Re:

My main goal was to find the complete Dean ti kit, bar, stem post and frame. Once again Mike showed he is the most generous guy around, and sent me a mint Dean stem for free. Also picked up a threadless version, incase I change up the fork. Thought an M3 or RS SL Ti would go great with this build. Thanks Martin k for the M3, and Thnos for the steerer, as they are getting harder to find. Found a nos King no logo on the bay, as well as the Flite Evolution. (Will keep a regular Flite around, incase the carbon seat feels a little sketchy!).

Should be able to finish this one pretty soon.

Re: Re:

Awesome, I cannot resist a good DEAN :cool: :D ..!

Looks great with those M3's; that was my very early original build plan as well, but found the steerer being a tad too short.

retroboston":3nchwkb7 said:
Once again Mike showed he is the most generous guy around, and sent me a mint Dean stem for free.
Is that the same Mike (es054098?) who sent me an ahead DEAN Ti stem for free..?! If so: bless him, King of Karma!

Looking forward to the final result..

Back