Venom Legless Lizard

snedge

Retro Newbie
Hello,

Wondering if there are any other Venom Legless Lizards out there!

Bought mine from a Bike shop (no longer there) near Snow and Rock in Birmingham, frame direct from Venom down the road and built with my choice of bits and bobs.

A

Attachments

• P1010608 copy.jpg
    P1010608 copy.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 667
TBH, I know little of them,

!'m pretty sure it was '96 or '97 when I bought the bike

I believe (and I'm sure someone can correct me) they where better known for their road/race frames, used to have a unit on Tyburn Road not far from spaghetti junction on the M6. Not sure when they stopped making frames but don't think it was long after I bought the bike.

I think they where trying to diversify and get in on the MTB movement, only other one I have seen is now in San Francisco and has been made into a fixie.

Its light and quick, but possibly a little too stiff, especially with the rigid forks.

Hopefully someone on here will know a little more about them!

A

I can't offer any info, but it looks very nice. The forks in particular appeal to me.

I doubt there's a connection, but the frame reminds me a little of the Donohue/Scorpion frames.

props due sweet ride.
Legless lizard looks like UK's answer to Serrota t-max very pimp indeed..
please lots more pics.

Hello,

Wondering if there are any other Venom Legless Lizards out there!

Bought mine from a Bike shop (no longer there) near Snow and Rock in Birmingham, frame direct from Venom down the road and built with my choice of bits and bobs.

A
I remember Venom frame builders. Used to go there quite regularly as they did frame repairs for me. Still ride a Main Eldridge that they sorted for me. You are right they did mainly racing frames and built to a very high quality especially their paint work. They had a team called Sabre and supplied the frames. I remember when they closed down must have been before 1995 because I was out of the country then for 5 years. I distinctly remember the Legless Lizard as there was a frameset hanging up in the office and always regret not buying it. Always wanted one ever since but never seen one until I saw this. Good that you have had it since new. Looks great. Jealous. 😍

Back