1993 Rocky Mountain Blizzard Restoration - Final Pics

jimi911

BoTM Triple Crown
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
This will likely be my worst build thread in terms of content. The bike is actually fully completed. I took lots of nice shots of the build than lost them in an iPod update ... oh well.

I bought this frame on here on impulse. It was a good deal and I was already frustrated with the sizing on my 1991 Blizzard ... this sort of fills the void. PS ... I still have a fully restored '91 Blizzard frame (L) if anyone has a good swap for me.

Anyway ... here she was. The frame was damage free, but rough and faded. That's a Syncros noodle stem and green Tange Strut I had kicking around.

Back to Quy I went with a new powdercoat project. The transition between the black flake and pearl white is a decal so I had him mask it off and not worry about a blend.

The frame came out a bit more disco at first. The fork and stem are done in black flake to match. Its really pretty.

I had a spare 27.0 post in the bin and that's another NOS XT 735 headset I had ... almost out of those :?

She's complete. I am going to do a photoshoot shortly to show it off.

Re: Re:

dirttorpedo":3rqr4pxz said:
Looking good. What sort of swap are you looking for?

Thanks ... I have so much already it needs to be something specific.

The 1991 Blizz has a fresh powder coat, decals, and has a matching pearl white Mag21 (un-assembled).

I would be interested in any of the following in good structural condition - cosmetic condition not really important:
- pre-1994 Yeti
- Off Road Toad
- some sort of e stays bike
- something fillet and British (dang you brits for making me want one of those)
- something else cool

Re: 1993 Rocky Mountain Blizzard Restoration

Lovely 1993 Blizzard, I also have one and can highly recommend it to anyone that's thinking of buying it :)

This may be too big for you but I currently have an e stay for sale:

Lovely bikes.

My 1993 will not be for sale any time soon.

I am not too into the Rocky Mtn Experience ... not sure why, but its just not my thing. I think I would want a more interesting colour e stay.

The 1991 Blizz is available (older pic - has correct "blizzard" decal and black bolts):

No worries as its a Cirrus, not Experience ;)

I had this which I refurbed mechanically and then sold to a gent in the Californian sun. 1991 Saracen Trekker Competition Hydrotech:

Minifreak":57sdubv9 said:
Lovely 1993 Blizzard, I also have one and can highly recommend it to anyone that's thinking of buying it :)

Thats lovely, one of my favourite Blizzad's on here.

One day...

Re:

Ya, I don't have anything along those lines unfortunately. Which is good, because I don't really know what I would do with that frame.

Back