1994 S-works frame, just picked up

flipwils11

Devout Dirtbag
Feedback
View
I found this on craigslist from a tip from an eagle eyed vintage mountain bike friend! Now I need to get educated on what I have.

It was advertised as a 1995 but frame serial number starts with 94. I have a 1994 Stumpjumper FS steel and I was thinking I might want to swap components over to this frame. However, I'm having second thoughts since the '94 FS is my original bike that I bought new in college. Also I have a few questions on this frame I bought.

The s-works was advertised as a 19" but the steer tube looks longer than my 19" '94 FS. I didn't hesitate to jump on this when it was for sale, but I don't want to build it up and find out it's too big for me. 18" is my perfect frame size, I can ride my 19" '94 FS since I got used to it over the years. The frame does indicate 19" measured center of bottom bracket to center of top tube so I guess the geometry varies from my '94 FS accounting for the longer steer tube?

Also does the s-works have the same diameter steer tube, and will other components swap over? What makes the s-works frame better vs the other steel Stumpjumper frames, better welds, better frame materials?

thanks and sorry for all the basic questions.

edit: Didn't see a 1994 S-works catalog but it looks like the frame I have is on page 18:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/d/1 ... orks95.pdf

Attachments

• IMG_7701.JPG
    IMG_7701.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 413
  • IMG_7702.JPG
    IMG_7702.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 414
  • IMG_7705.JPG
    IMG_7705.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 414

Latest posts