GT Karakoram "Tequila Sunrise" 1992 The ressurrection!e 30.5

millhouse

Retro Newbie
Hello.
A good friend of mine saw this for sale at a very low price a couple of days ago.
The add stated. Bike for boy 12-14 years old. :cool: pic from the add
I also have a 1991 Karakoram Elite. This could act as a little brother for the Elite :LOL:

As you can see the bike was in a poor state of mine. A full teardown is needed. Its very original for its age,exept for the rear deraillour,its been swapped for a later Lx. Will upgrade some bits and pieces as the work progresses.

The start of the project was this evening. :D

Here are some pics from the start.

Had to try it for a spin before teardown :cool:

Thats it for now. Hope you like it as much as i do :D

Attachments

• received_10153056270306676.jpeg
    received_10153056270306676.jpeg
    56.2 KB · Views: 1,879
Re: GT Karakoram "Tequila Sunrise" 1992 The ressurrection!

Sweet find. Love the paintjob on this. :cool:

Fire up some photos of your old decks too. ;)

sweet score, looking forward to follow the build

firedfromthecircus":206pmdsj said:
Sweet find. Love the paintjob on this. :cool:

Fire up some photos of your old decks too. ;)

What I was thinking

I think The best color scheme out of the 92 gt range. here's mine :http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=310430

Lovely! - I reckon 92 was the last year that GTs had really good paint jobs. Makes a change to see one in a smaller size too: being a shortarse is a bit frustrating bikewise sometimes.
How did it feel when you took it out for a spin? ( and who, I mean WHO would put a kickstand on that, let alone a chainring cover and full mudguards? Philistines)

doctorstewie":3h3rnt4u said:
Lovely! - I reckon 92 was the last year that GTs had really good paint jobs. Makes a change to see one in a smaller size too: being a shortarse is a bit frustrating bikewise sometimes.
How did it feel when you took it out for a spin? ( and who, I mean WHO would put a kickstand on that, let alone a chainring cover and full mudguards? Philistines)

Thank you all for kind words :D I will post pics If the oldskool decks :cool:

This frame is unbelivable small. Fits me perfect,Im also a shortarse. It felt just like the Elite. Very responsive and vibrant. Nothing beats steal If u ask me.
And when it comes to the accesories that have been put on this bike. Speechless. The good part is that the chainringcover have saved the Deore LX text very good.
Update will come in a short time :D

Re:

Have got some work done. Got all the components off,the fork will come off later to get acess to the bearings for some grease.
The frame has been cleaned and got some paint cleaner. Or rubbing/love If you like :cool:
Got to give creds to GT for the exelent quality on the paintwork. Its solid. Exept for all the bruises and chips it got back alot of the color and shine. Will finish off with some polish tommorow.

Also got some pics of the decks some wanted :D

The rims and hubs will love some tlc and polish later on :cool:

Got my Elite out for a small test after some minor mods :p

Latest posts

Back