Fade + Splatter + Crown + Bullmoose = 1991 Ferraroli Etna

thekidmalone

Old School Hero
Feedback
View
Hello everyone,

My first Etna was frankly, while solid as a daily driver, a bit boring by Ferraroli standards. It lacked several hallmarks of the brand: a gradient faded paint scheme, multi-colored splatter effect, a lugged fork crown and a bullmoose handlebar/stem combo.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=302703

Well, it now has an older brother as a stablemate, one which apparently got all of the good Ferraroli DNA. Here is the condition in which I picked it up; it's typical Swiss style with way too many accessories (or mounts for accessories long lost) attached.

Here is what it looks like now, after accessory removal and a quick cleaning along with new saddle, grips and tires.

It still could use some rehab of the Rapidfire shifters and some fresh grease in and adjustment of the XT hubs. However, it already works so well that my normal 5 minute shakedown cruise before re-checking all adjustments quickly stretched to 5 miles, and eventually ended up at more than 15: in street clothes, with no helmet, and a stop for whiskey ice cream at the farmhouse on the hill. That's what I call inspirational!

Cheers,
The Kid

Attachments

• E1.jpg
    E1.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 878
  • E2.jpg
    E2.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 878
  • E3.JPG
    E3.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 879
  • E4.JPG
    E4.JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 879
  • E5.JPG
    E5.JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 879
Thanks for all of the kind words, everyone.

@addicted - OK, since I don't intend to tweak/tune this bike much further than adding a SQ-M730, I will submit it for BOTM.

@Rod_Saetan - I'd be happy to help you make that wish come true, PM me with your preferences.

@videojetman - The tyres come from MOMBAT in the USA. http://mombat.org/MOMBAT/PartsForSalePages/tires.html

Again, your collective interest in one of my Ferrarolis is much appreciated. I have more to share with you in the coming months. Please consider voting for this bike as BOTM!

Cheers,
The Kid

Back