Orange P7 v Orange C16R

Soulboy#1

Dirt Disciple
Hi everyone

I'm in the market for an old Orange MTB and have currently be looking at both of these bikes. Can anyone out there advise which of these two would be a better choice an why? Currently i'm just going on looks. I just wanted to know what differences there are between the two. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Dave

Re:

The main difference is the tubes used to make them. The P7 uses higher grade metal so is the one to go for if you can afford it. The C16 often gets overlooked though so can be had for next to nothing.

Both are great so you can't really make the wrong choice!

Re:

Hey thanks for the reply again. Yeh I think the P7 is the pretty bike. I didn't know the quality of the steel was better so thanks for that. Regarding the Nickel on the P7's, they all seem to have rust spots on them or the laqueur. Do you know if the spots can be rubbed back?

Re:

They can be but it damages the lacquer so leaves a chrome finish instead of nickle. If you get one with very little rust you could get away with it though.

Ok. I have seena few that look immacualte but have been the wrong size. There is one on ebay.......

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Orange-P7-ret ... 4ae9a35b54

This has a bit of spot rust here and there and the owner says its nothing more than cosmetic? What do you think?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

I think it's far too much money. I wouldn't pay more then half that to be honest. Frame would take some saving too.

tomkbucks":26b4m4rp said:
ive got a lovely 1999 Gringo for sale if that may suit ? brilliant bike and ready to ride!

Hi Tom. Thanks for the offer mate but I seem to have my heart set on a vintage P7. Thanks all the same.

Back