Ibis szazbo 1995 (was Guess what I got)

Thias

Klein Fan
Got a nice "package" today when I got home from work. :mrgreen:
(why can't it be that way ever day?)

Lovely detail for a '95ish frame :shock:

It will need quite some tlc, that's for sure.
But I am happy. :LOL:

Re:

Could be sweet! Don't want to pee on your chips, but I hope that isn't a crack in your dropout due north of the centre of the jockey wheel....

Re: Guess what I got (will be a build thread soon...)

Jea, I saw that when looking at the pic after posting. Rushed into the garage but its only dirty cobweb. Releaved now...

Re: Guess what I got (will be a build thread soon...)

No one seems to care :LOL:
So here is the solution:
An Ibis Szazbo from 95 (?) in quite a rough condition.

It has a nice M900 groupset, reasonable parts and a white ind. front hub as a goody. But everything is superdirty and there is much work waiting for me.

Here is a pic of the fox alps 4. I hope, I will be able to save it. Its a mess..

I am really looking forward riding that bike. Compare it to my Mantra.

The dampener is clean again. But it is not yet serviced. That will take some time.
I did take apart a similar dampener in the past (Alps 4R) but I haven't reassembled it yet. Is it possible to at least change the oil without taking it apart?

The black Manitou is the one I will be using until the Fox is sorted.

This looks great Thias, just give everything a good clean and polish. She'll come up lovely with some TLC

Yea. I hope so. On the technical side everything seems fine so far. Hubs and BB turn smoothly and with no play. Headset is fine (have that opend for cleaning right now). The fork I haven't inspected yet. But I have a spare should something go wrong.

The only thing that bugs me is the paint. It is in really bad shape. Comeing off in large paches on the back. I am thinking about new powder.

But this wont happen before I haven't tried the bike in the woods..
So I will clean everything, fit new cables and outers, repair, what needs to be repaired, and then I will hit the trails hard. Leaving little pieces of red paint flying behind me :LOL:

Nice! Don't see too many Szazbo's around. I also have a '95 and the ride is very similar to my Mantra with both being URT designs.

It was raining all day, my little son was at a birthday party plus my wife has booked a little holiday week at the lake garda/Italy starting in two weeks. So I have to get the bike up ready and running until then..
Became a bit hectic about the build and started throwing parts at the frame although I only started stripping the paint...

I really love these Spox wheels. They are not tc, but way cool :D

The 2.5er tires sadly don't fit the forks bridge so 2.1 it will be.
The rear Spox wheel I have is damaged (still searching for a 24° rim :roll: ), so I fitted this weird type you can see on the pics. I did not have a use for it up until now... Not sure those wheels will stay forever though.

Back