Reader' MTBs --> 1998 (with contemporary components)

used username

Retro Newbie
This 1998 Klein Pulse (yep, that's post-Trek) isn't Retro by this sites "rules" on date. It's also had a re-spray (polychromatic green) and has contemporary components (and a set of triple butted Kona P2's up-front). I've not posted this to bait anyone, there just doesn't seem to be a place to post bikes / frames that have had new (modern) life injected into them in a sympathetic manner. It tips the scales at just under 20 lb, so it's not like I can even post on weight weenies (better there than here no doubt, but that's fine, I'll just delete and leave if this causes too much upset).

Attachments

• DSC_0378_05.jpg
    DSC_0378_05.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 1,387
Re:

looks good, i like retromod bikes like this one, 90s parts really dont compare to these modern lightweight components :)

Hi used username

Whilst I appreciate the 'new' colour scheme - no doubt fitting, cruising the backstreets of Sunderland - I do wonder about the complete deviation from the core, off-road, spirit of a Klein.

What you have created is a 'Franken-Klein', a bastardisation of a road and MTB - which has degraded the soul and essence of Gary's original vision.

Saying that its a nice bike, although I prefer mine ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0921_3.jpg
    IMG_0921_3.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 1,201
Re: Re:

SEANSTEPHENS":187051w0 said:
Whats this, a readers bikes sub forum now? :p

Nah - it's a thread about old bikes with new bits on them.

tip: forums have more than one thread :p

used username":2z58gn6o said:
This 1998 Klein Pulse (yep, that's post-Trek) isn't Retro by this sites "rules" on date. It's also had a re-spray (polychromatic green) and has contemporary components (and a set of triple butted Kona P2's up-front). I've not posted this to bait anyone, there just doesn't seem to be a place to post bikes / frames that have had new (modern) life injected into them in a sympathetic manner. It tips the scales at just under 20 lb, so it's not like I can even post on weight weenies (better there than here no doubt, but that's fine, I'll just delete and leave if this causes too much upset).

There is a reader bikes 1998+ section, what is wrong with there given it's a 1998 frame?

Re: Re:

paddy311":3vrp9857 said:
SEANSTEPHENS":3vrp9857 said:
Whats this, a readers bikes sub forum now? :p

Nah - it's a thread about old bikes with new bits on them.

tip: forums have more than one thread :p
You missed the point entirely

....Are there Any more pictures of this Klein to show?

Back