1994 Orange Clockwork (Purple)

Dossa

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
New project time for young Dossa.... :D

A 19" 1994 Orange Clockwork in the comparatively rare all Purple with Silver decals colour scheme which I purchased on eBay a few weeks back. There's actually not too many on here in this colourway (I can only recall seeing two), more often than not the Purple ones typically come with orange decals so I'm quite happy to have one of the lesser spotted Clockworks!

Originally, I was only after a frame & fork but after finding out the hard way (several times.. :facepalm: ) it's a lot cheaper in the long run to buy a full bike and work backwards than buy a bare frame and work upwards..!

Bike arrived safely, full credit to the seller, so it was then time for a full strip down and tooth comb inspection followed by a comprehensive wax and polish then finally to decide on which components would be kept.

Pics of the bare frame/fork having added a BBB ThreadAround 1" headset and a Zoom canti hanger.

upload img

print screen windows

upload photo

image hosting

free upload pictures

free jpeg images

free image uploading

images

Overall, it was in very good condition, decals a bit scuffed (particularly the CLOCKWORK top tube ones) but that oddly doesn't seem to bother me when it normally would! Paintwork has come up nice after many an evening spent polishing - Mrs Dossa came to the rescue by getting me some, ahem.., 'Work the Colour: Purplicious' nail varnish to touch up the scratches... :LOL:

Will be a mainly DX/XT period correct build with a bit of Purple bling (not too much, mind......), 231CD's, amberwalls, cantis, Flite, Hope, Pace, USE etc etc - standard Clockwork fare.

In my mind it's all built up and looks tidy enough - let's hope that's how it turn out! :oops: :D

Cheers,
Matty :D

Re:

That looks like a nice basis for a good olde fashioned British build.

Careful with the purple though, it's easy to get carried away* :shock: :facepalm:

*chris is purplizing some parts for me as we speak

Re: New Project: 1993 Orange Clockwork (Purple)

The frame looks in great shape Matty :) What's the original front tyre on the bike, is it a Ground Control S by any chance?

Re: Re:

jimo746":2php9obd said:
That looks like a nice basis for a good olde fashioned British build.

Careful with the purple though, it's easy to get carried away* :shock: :facepalm:

*chris is purplizing some parts for me as we speak

Seatpost and bars only :mrgreen: :cool:

Perhaps some other bits, too......

Re:

C'est la vie :)

Look forward to some progress. Looks like a very good starting pointing - all the parts look in great shape too.

Re: New Project: 1993 Orange Clockwork (Purple)

Mggwl3x.gif

Back