ORANGE PRESTIGE 1993 - Almost finished now....

richardpaulbaker

Devout Dirtbag
Feedback
View
I bought this frame last year off Fleabay for £11 and have spent the winter drawing up the graphics for the decals, making the decals, deciding what to do with it and then finally painting it.
It's not at all period accurate as I think it would probably have been one of the Silver/Purple fade jobs when new. (It had been painted a drab grey colour when I bought it).
So it's in classic Orange & White Fade but a bit different as the orange is only around the tube junctions.

Hopefully it'll be built up this weekend ready for a burn around the nice dry trails we have here on the Isle of Wight at the moment !

Attachments

• IMG_3551.JPG
    IMG_3551.JPG
    17 KB · Views: 879
  • IMG_3549.JPG
    IMG_3549.JPG
    23.4 KB · Views: 879
  • IMG_3554.jpg
    IMG_3554.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 879
  • IMG_3567.jpg
    IMG_3567.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 879
  • IMG_3565.JPG
    IMG_3565.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 879
  • IMG_3557.JPG
    IMG_3557.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 879
That's looking nice! Almost finished my own 93' Prestige too.

What size is it? 17"?

And what parts are you putting on it?

Re:

Hi, it's gonna be a neo retro single speed build with plenty of orange ano bits.
I'm attempting to build it at the moment in a late night red wine haze !!

It's a 17" by the way. :LOL:

Re:

Nice job on the decals and the paint. Looks really nice.

How did you draw the decals?

Should look ace when it's finished...

Re:

Hi,
I drew the decals in Adobe Illustrator.
I'm a product design manager by trade so it was just a question of finding photos of Orange graphics from the interweb and old Orange catalogues from 92 & 93 here on Retrobike.
I traced over the images and created the artwork that way.
I'm happy to share if there's anyone out there who is working on a project.
I've given my Salsa artwork to five other Retrobikers so far who've used it to get decals made up for a Ala Cartes, La Razas and an El Kaboing !!

The decals were made using clear transfer paper which you just put in your inkjet printer.
Then you spray a few coats of clear acrylic lacquer onto the paper.
Once it's dry you can cut them out and you just put the decals into water, slide them off the backing paper then stick them on. Just like the Airfix models when you were a kid !
The frame then had three coats of clear lacquer to fix it all and give a lovely deep glossy finish.

Re:

That's cool. I'm a graphic designer so I would have done the same :)

I would've got Gil to print them though as I'm a lazy arse!

Back