Erm....ah....OK..... (GT LTS1 content)

LikeClockwork

Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
It would appear, totally inadvertently, that I have managed to purr-chase a GT LTS1 pretty much complete bike off ebay (local collection) after finding myself with a few quid burning a hole in my pocket (well, warming it quite nicely) and having a couple of ciders to celebrate not having had a couple of ciders at all lately, and having the day off tomorrow.....

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Hoping to collect tomorrow somehow, or maybe the weekend at worse. Anything I need to look out for with these, been on my 'most wanted' list for years but never thought I'd find one cheap or in my size? Don't they have a tendency to crack around the seat tube/shock mount point?

Only it would be nice to know what to look out for before I collect.... :roll: :LOL:

Re: Erm....ah....OK..... (GT content)

Check the pivots for wear , tbh I've not seen a cracked LTS , a few RTS's , not saying they don't crack
I have a few Lts's , they ride really nice , get some pics up when you get it

Mike

Re:

Thanks, will do. To be fair the seller says that most of the pivot bushes need replacing, but for the spares that are with it, I don't really care too much, I won't lose out. Hoping the bushes can be obtained somehow....?

Didn't actually list what size it was, but it looks fairly small from the angle the top tube is to the rear tyre. I'll update once I've got it.

There seems to be a lot of 16" ones out there , well there was a few years ago when I bought mine , cos I wanted bigger ones

P1040357.jpg

P1040579.jpg

Another couple of frames in storage too

Mike

Re:

Ooooof..... :shock:

Nice! This one is a '97 going off the graphics. Hoping it is a 16" or even smaller....though it would appear 16" is the smallest that was generally available.

I think I was watching the auction you are talking about (if so, nice score!). The pics on the listing showed the upper pivot above the top tube which I believe was the case on 16" frames, so yours should be 16". The 18" and bigger frames had the pivot below the top tube (as per Mikee's pic above).

You can buy the main top pivot and bush kits from eBay. Search under GT STS and you'll find them.

I have a 1997 STS-1 and it's now my favourite bike. It's great for everything :)

I had an LTS-DH in the late 90's and miss it badly. Lots of abuse never saw it crack, it was swapped for my first car!

Re:

I love it when a plan comes together... collecting tomorrow so hopefully some pics by evening :mrgreen:

Thanks for all the info guys, hoping it's a 16" I really am. And thanks JB for bidding it up, lol! Still a honking bargain though :xmas-wink:

Re:

:oops:

Sorry kaz glad you won it.

Look forward to seeing it once you get it

Back