Salsa Ala Carte (s)

neebsta

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Liked the original one so much, picked up another frame off ITS_KIRBY the other week with the intention of putting a child seat on back :shock: :cool: :LOL:

Mods you may want to move this thread. It is 3 years young, and I don't think you had the pre '97 post '97 malarky when this was originally started?

Anyway pics of the red, mellow wheels and front end bounce! RS2s have changes to RS (Something or other!!) Grips went green after a fling over the handlebars episode!

Brown Salsa is an '08 frame according to the ad? All the gear for discs anyway!

Requirement was to build as cheap as possible with the best stuff I cold get for my money with a few exceptions!!

I already had the wheels, so thought it would be sensible to follow the brown and red route.

Spec so far:

Salsa Ala Carte frame and cromoto fork

Salsa Stem

Salsa Shaft Seatpost

Salsa Bars

SRAM XO Shifters

SRAM XO Rear Mech

SRAM X7 Front

Hope M4 Levers/Callipers

Hope Disc Wheels (Old Spider Variants)

King Headset in Red

Red Pepperjack Grips

Michelin Wildgrippers in erm orange

Middleburns on route

Rest of stuff in boxes TBC!!!

P1010671.jpg

P1010670.jpg

P1010669.jpg

P1010668.jpg

P1010667.jpg

Saddle choice is a really good point actually, I was debating on a newer flite.....But I couldn't bring myself to do it. This WTB is pretty good though, very comfortable!

I just need to source some appropriately colourful gear cable outers :?: Then wait for my wierd 5 bolt rotors to arrive from Hope......Then connect it all up.

Modern with a couple of retro twists.

The cranks do it for me....Credit to Corduroyboy who answered my prayer with a sublimely mint pair of RS1s. I have just replaced the outer ring for a red one (of course) and middleburn bolts red inner/outer and extractor bolts.......

therapy":1o23fy1s said:
You could have some problems with braking :LOL:

BTW, very nice rig mate.

Then wait for my wierd 5 bolt rotors to arrive from Hope......Then connect it all up. :roll: :roll: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Agency_Scum":2wv73wrh said:
Wow! It's like a tastful version of what Liberace's bike would've looked like. Excellent.

Thanks.......I think ;) Liberace would have had glittery stuff etc....This is just red, I was going to try and get some Kenda Nevegals in red....But I think that would be too much ;) :LOL: :LOL:

Back