Raleigh Amazon

wiggles

Dirt Disciple
Hi,

New to the site, this is my commute/dad duties bike.

It was my dads which he bought new and was recently going to get rid of it when he got a new bike so I took it off his hands. It has had new chain and cassette I have serviced the hubs and headset. Only bit I have changed so far is the bars and put some mudguards on.

Here are a few pictures of it in nursery-run-mode

7 Speed acera X groupset and hubs, rides very nicely and saves the expensive bits on my nice bike being worn out riding to work. Not sure exactly what year it is? (early 90's)

Next bits are going to be some new wheels and/or rims as I don't think there is much left on these, and probably some V brakes

'94 sounds about right, I was only young when I went along with my dad to pick it up from the shop.

I have one XT V brake to fit now so just need to source another, Wheels need sorting first thought as I don't think the rims will last much longer.

Not sure about getting new shimano deore spec Hubs or reusing the originals which work OK but are 20 years old and only altus anyway so not sure they are worth saving.

As for the bars a lot of people don't like them but I think they are great for just riding to work and around town.

Don't clip in on the nursery run! Changing for some other pedals soon as spds are not really needed.

Back