Mk1 Raleigh Mustang

Starchild4273

Retro Newbie
Just picked up this little beauty, always wanted one as a kid, the guy I bought it off got it in 1988 and hardly used it, has been stored for at least last 10 years in his basement, he had all the original paperwork too :shock:

Only faults I can find are a couple of paint chips and a scraped decal (anyone know where I could get some new ones?) but apart from that it's in really good shape, even the tyres (no cracks, wow)

Anyway, how many of you had one of these back in the day :D

Attachments

• p1s.jpg
    p1s.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 1,277
Re:

Always amazes me that people buy bikes then don't use them or get rid before they've had them 25 years!

First MTB I had a go on was one of these. A lad in the village got one and let us all have a go. Sticking it in first then ridding up a hill was a moment I'll never forget! As much as these are looked down upon they were the reason I got bitten by the Mountain Bike bug. :cool:

Re:

My first also, except my parents made it "school ready" two full length mudguards, the same baggage rack as yours and those awful giant lights that consumed so much energy the batteries only lasted the first two days of winter. The nostalgia is screaming back to me. That said just like Brocklanders it was also the reason i got into cycling and it is nice to see one again looking immaculate.

This came with mudguards, they came straight off! :D I thought the carrier may come in useful but I think it's slightly ruining the overall 'cool' lol

I estimate it weighs as much as a skip, but at least it's not in one :)

Latest posts

Back