1995 Klein Fervor

paddy01

Old School Hero
Here we have my recently put back together 1995 Klein Fervor. It's in no way original but the priority was to get something rideable rather than a faithfull restoration. 'tis a little worse for wear (you can see the gouge in the top tube from a bar end etc..)

I bought it new in 1995 as a frame / forks and has (at present and off the top of my head :

Simano Deore (modern cranks/rings)
STX front mech
XT rear mech
Zooka stem and random riser bar (after a big oops with the MC - see pic)
Random seat post and saddle
XTR levers and cantis
XT shifters
Campag rims on STX hubs.

Plans are :

Well, I'm not sure, I'm taking too much of a pounding with the rigid forks on but there may be set of Pace sussers in the near future. If I can't sort out some sussy forks then I may either sell or turn it into a road/commuter. Or stop being such a sissy and deal with the pounding :D

klein2smallsv4.jpg

klein1smallao8.jpg

OOPS

img0063smallrf5.jpg

Minor injuries really as it was at low speed pulling away from a junction. Ripped a chunk out of my thigh on the jagged metal as I went over the top and some heavy bruising.

I think my pride took more of a beating as I lay in the road and a lady with small child on the back of a step through bike asked if I was ok. ;)

ameybrook":19p7arwv said:
Silly, you were trying to ride a Klein? No wonder it snapped on you.

It was metal fatigue I tell ya, it had nothing to do with the fact I might weigh just a bit more than I did in '95 :oops: :oops: :LOL:

Latest posts

Back