90 Dolomite (the itch I had to scratch)

DynaCol

MacRetro Rider
Raleigh Fan
Feedback
View
Well as the title says this was one of those bikes that I hankered after BITD and just couldn't resist when this one came up for sale. Probably seen it all before etc etc but it gives me goose bumps knowing I own one now. Going to keep things fairly traditional, will be full Black M730 XT as that's how it should be IMHO. Anyway here's a couple of pic's to kick things off.

Attachments

• P1010459.jpg
    P1010459.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 3,165
  • P1010458.jpg
    P1010458.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 3,165
Re:

Lush mate! I'm not a Klein fanboy but this is one I'd love to own

Re: Re:

velofrog":7gb1fkf2 said:
fab that is dyna, really lovely, well done! :cool:
Just couldn't resist in the end, hummed and hawed for a few days whether to go for it or not but it's here now so going to get it looking like new and then get it plastered in mud. It's the only logical course of action :LOL:

Re:

Sweet :cool: good luck with the refresh!
If it's tight to fit in with the rest I know where that Trimble could go :D

Re: Re:

Vinevo":2ifwst5d said:
Sweet :cool: good luck with the refresh!
If it's tight to fit in with the rest I know where that Trimble could go :D
:LOL: :LOL: Sorry, room is a bit tight but the Trimble is happy that way for now. Here's a pic to tide you over though :D

Attachments

• Trimble in the Snow.jpg
    Trimble in the Snow.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 3,129
Col.

:facepalm:

I'm gonna have to say it again. :(

Ya bassa! :twisted:

:LOL:

It's one of those bikes. Maybe even the bike. Of all the bikes we lusted after BITD none of them quite had the wow factor of the Klein. I can still remember seeing my first one in Edinburgh Bike Co-op. I certainly couldn't afford one back then, and I couldn't justify the expense of one now, but such a lovely thing. Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh. :cool:

Re:

Yes i'm a bassa! but a bassa with a Klein Dolomite!! :mrgreen: :LOL:
I did have a couple of moments of "what the hell have I done!" after I bought it but it's the only Klein I would consider buying and glad i've got it now.

Couple of pic's of the frameset numbers, according to mkozaczek's thread on Klein numbers makes the frame number (BAT28E = 654) and fork number (5A370 = 880) so makes it a relatively early 1990 production.

Attachments

• Fork Number.jpg
    Fork Number.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 3,054
  • Frame Number.jpg
    Frame Number.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 3,054
Re:

Congrats. I remember that feeling when I finally got mine. Still one of my favorite bikes to ride.

Beautiful bike!

Back