Shed find.....well sort of :-))

neilll

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Quick history lesson ;)
I bought this new in 1991 for £599 from JE James/Chesterfield Cycle Centre, rode if for 5 years then acquired enough cash to build a Pace F6.

I gave this to my mate in 1997 and promptly forgot about it.....fast forward to 2008 and I was visiting him, asked "Whatever happened to that white frame I gave you years ago?" and......he wandered into the shed and came out with this >>>>

Forks have been lost (who cares?), rust is only surface and a bonus Ringle seat binder I thought I'd lost 15 years ago :D :D :D

(Pictures of it in original guise in my Gallery)

It shall be reborn :cool:

Attachments

• DSCF1244_resize.JPG
    DSCF1244_resize.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 3,275
  • DSCF1243_resize.JPG
    DSCF1243_resize.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 3,275
  • DSCF1242_resize.JPG
    DSCF1242_resize.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 3,275
  • DSCF1241_resize.JPG
    DSCF1241_resize.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 3,275
lovley mate i was looking for one of those when i found this site theres a guy in my village with one he wont sell :cry:

billinjah":3trjgoiw said:
lovley mate i was looking for one of those when i found this site theres a guy in my village with one he wont sell :cry:

Really? Who's that then and what village? (I might know them ;) )

mattbrown":3bfuxmiv said:
I think i saw one of those the other day, with maguras on, looks sweet

Yup, original spec was full DX with HS22 Magura, Wolber rims, Kalloy post, huge Tange rigid forks and a rudder like stem...

my mate had a box section alu version of this in red - similar graphics.

ripped the clanger hanger off before the days of replaceable ones....

lovely bike, i really do like the old Saracens.... bonus getting hold of one of yer old bikes!

That brings back some memories. Used to have one of them with dx and marzocchi forks in a natty blue. Weighed a ton! :)

Had mine from Evans in Croydon, paid for by two part time jobs whilst at school, loved it, oh the old days, hope you build it up quicker than the Pace Neill :LOL:

Back