FAT CHANCE Shock-a-Billy

Dr S

Old School Grand Master
Frame landed yesterday after paying the taxman his ever increasing chunk. I was a little happier after taking it out of the box though- its in mint condition. There are few very light areas of cable rub and thats about it. It came up lovely with a little polish and its now ready to be built.
It also came witha few Brucie Bonuses- the Green Ringle seatbinder and early Chris King headset I knew about but Syncros Ti BB was an unexpected treat ;)
It is a S/M size and the shock has been replaced witha Risse racing air damper. I was unsure about the colour when I bought it but its a really nice colour in the flesh and as its in such great condition I won't be painting this one.
Build wise this one is going to be a little different.........but you will have to wait and see! There are a few clues already, bars, stem, rear mech and cranks are on. Just need some hubs, a steerer and a few choice items to get it built up and out in the woods ;)

What do you think??

shock1.jpg

shock2.jpg

shock3.jpg

S

I think its fanbloodytastic! A pair of Amp f4s would look the nuts too?

Cheers,Al

Hi Dr.S,

That is very nice :D I like the colour too. If I recall correctly that is the same colour FatCogs' Doug Wicked Lite was. He had it build with purple and a little yellow.

Dr S, nice score there ;)
I did cast my beady little eye over that for a while :D , nice to see it's come over the pond.
I know that's a stock colour but what's the name of it?
would look good built with green ano and splash of yellow, to pick up on the decals.
what are the forks?

Nice! :D

I'm a real sucker for any early mac-strut frames, looking forward to seeing the final build...

...uhh... is there a A-head converter in the headtube or is the A-Tac stem possessed :roll:
Very nice bike by the way, plain lovely :D

yo-eddy":ftvzsltf said:
...uhh... is there a A-head converter in the headtube or is the A-Tac stem possessed :roll:
Very nice bike by the way, plain lovely :D

just possessed :LOL:

I have a Syncros Cattleprod to go on depending on what forks go on. It might stay....Dunno

Colour is Metalic Charcoal I think. Scants yer man for FAT facts though. I'm sure he'll be along soon ;)

Just needing a few more parts and I will post the spec, its going to be a love it or hate it build I'm afraid :shock:

S

Back