Late 80s Kona cinder cone ...ditched! ...stolen?

konaben82

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hi everyone

As a few of you may know I am from Salisbury, I went out shopping earlier with the wife and I went through one of the underpasses to see what looked like a very old Kona which had been ditched on the bank!

I took a quick look and it was without a back wheel and it had a bent rear mech. This saddens me! Anyway, I left it be thinking someone may have left it there for what ever reason and it wasn't mine to start playing around with... Anyway, I got home, put the shopping away and put my feet up for a few hours....I then get a text off my riding buddy who lives on my road telling me he had seen it too...I thought, it's been there all day, possibly all week?

I'm going to go and get it! It's now sat in my house as I can't bare leave it there for some thugs to smash up drunk later on, at least if it's at my house it's safe!

Anyway, I'd like to find out who it belongs to and get it back to them safely if it has maybe been stolen? Either that or someone couldn't be bothered to take it to the tip and just ditched...

I'll do a bit of asking about and see if it belongs to anyone and then go from there... If it's not claimed it will be built! ...possible clunker build?

Here are some pics of the sorry beast

I'm guessing it's a 1988? And I'm also guessing it's not someone's pride and joy as it has some carrier bag round the saddle and appears to be quite rusty... I'm hoping it's just been ditched! If so....it's mine! :twisted:

Yes. You have to. Just let them know details and location of finding. If it's not claimed in a month it's yours.

I will report it to the police tomorrow now and go from there

Going by its condition of surface rust and random forks/carrier bag over saddle I doubt very much it's someone's loved bike...

We will see!

I think you just gave to show you took reasonable steps to trace the owner.

Nice find though!

Re:

Blimey what a state

Maybe drop an email to you local cop shop but I wouldn't worry to much it's a right old state

Then I would part it out, keep any bits you need and sell or karma the rest on here, keep the vibes happy

I'd love that orange stem if you don't need/wanna sell it

Fair play for posting up here incase the owner might see it. It looks to me like someone locked it up by the rear wheel, and some tealeaf had it away to me, Cant think of any other reason why the bikes usable but for the lack of rear wheel.

Tea Leaf got to Tired of carrying it home I expect. Doley.

kudos buddy, but, and i dont mean to sound annoying...................if you do get it back , fancy swapping/trading plus costs for a 94 kona frame?? please ;)

Thanks for the good vibes gents... I'll call the police tomorrow and register...

If I don't build it, swap for something it will be given away to an appropriate home!

X

Ok so I've just been on the phone to Wiltshire police..it hasn't been reported stolen so they have told me to hang onto it incase the owner comes forward...if they've heard nothing in 6 weeks I can do what I like with it :D

Back